The TO Saga takes another turn....

Guest FishFanInPA

Guest FishFanInPA

T.O., TUNA WAR COMING?

A league source tells us that Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens is claiming that he has re-injured his hamstring, and he is blaming it on the fact that he was rushed back to practice before he was ready, and that he got too many reps during practice.

We're told that Owens is now taking the position that he won't be playing or practicing until he concludes that he is at 100 percent, and that he's privately saying that he might not be at 100 percent until the second week of the regular season.

The Cowboys are scheduled to have a one-hour walk through on Sunday morning in preparation for Monday night's game at the Saints. But since coach Bill Parcells has said that Owens won't play on Monday night due to the 14 practices that he missed due to the hamstring injury, it's unlikely that Owens will be expected to participate. The Cowboys are off on Tuesday, and resume practice on Wednesday.

Whether Owens is merely blowing smoke remains to be seen. But if he decides to take a pass on practice until he believes he's back to 100 percent, the stage will be set for all-out war between T.O. and the Tuna.

ROSENHAUS TAKES UP FOR T.O.

Want more proof that the situation between Cowboys coach Bill Parcells and receiver Terrell Owens is dangerously close to an implosion? Look no farther than Sunday's appearance by agent Drew Rosenhaus on ESPN's SportsCenter, in which Rosenhaus gives the media a tongue lashing for putting pressure on Owens to practice while suffering from a "serious injury."

Said Rosenhaus, to Bob Ley: "I represent approximately eighty players in the NFL, and many of them are injured and most of them don't have injuries that are as serious as Terrell's and they don't get any flak. I think this is a non-story. Terrell Owens has a serious injury. He has a pulled hamstring. He is coming off of this injury to the best of anyone's ability and I think that the pressure that has been placed on him by the media is just ridiculous.

"Let me just state it again: He is injured. He wants to practice. He wants to play. Let me remind everybody about what he did at the Super Bowl a few years ago where he came off of an injury that people thought might have been career threatening. It's ludicrous to suspect that he's doing anything but working at his hardest to come back. Terrell loves to practice. People have criticized him in the past for many things but no one has ever said that he doesn't love to work and love to practice. He is hurt, and he's still hurt."

By focusing his attention solely on the media, Rosenhaus ignores the fact that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones recently urged Owens to practice at less than 100 percent. Likewise, it's been no secret that coach Bill Parcells has been frustrated by Owens' failure to practice on a hamstring that showed no damage in an MRI. Indeed, Mike Silver of Sports Illustrated reported last week that Owens' Wednesday return to practice was the direct result of a direct order from the Tuna to the team's trainer that Owens will be on the field the next day.

Owens then practiced on Wednesday through Saturday morning, before retreating to his stationary bike for the afternoon session. On Saturday night, we heard that Owens is now claiming that the premature resumption of practice resulted in an aggravation of the injury, that he won't come back until he believes that he is at 100 percent, and that he might miss the first game of the regular season as he heals.

Most telling regarding his agent's comments, in our view, is the fact that Rosenhaus speaks in the present tense. "Terrell Owens has a serious injury. . . . He is injured."

Our take? It's a deliberate effort by Owens, through Rosenhaus, to defuse any further criticism from the media -- or from anyone associated with the team -- when Owens fails to dress out for practice on Wednesday, the team's next scheduled practice session, and beyond.

And it's further proof that a real battle is looming between Owens and Parcells, which still could result (we believe) in Owens' name being omitted from the 53-man roster. If the Cowboys release him before the start of the regular season, the team would avoid responsibility for $5 million in salary, which otherwise will become fully guaranteed as of September 10.

We also think that the decision of Rosenhaus to stick his nose into the situation will serve only to aggravate Parcells, and could made it easier for the Tuna to persuade Jones that the team should cut its losses by cutting T.O

IS PRESS TO BLAME IN T.O. MATTER?

In response to criticism from agent Drew Rosenhaus of the pressure that the media supposedly has placed on Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens in connection with his "serious injury," a league source surprisingly has agreed with the assessment that the press is to blame for making the situation a bigger deal than it should be.

But the source also throws blame on the Cowboys for allowing the press to stir things up. "T.O. has to be the center of attention," said the source. "If Dallas would prohibit him talking to the press and if Dallas would just stop talking about him it would go away."

However, the source's next opinion helps to illustrate why the media is swarming on this story. "Personally," the source said, "I would love to see Dallas cut the @#%$. That would shut up T.O. for a few days, would really limit his chance to get another contract for anything other than a little more than the minimum, and would hurt Drew's rep big time.

I just want to hear from all the Cowboys fans who laughed at the Eagles fans when we complained about TO and said they'd do better in controlling him.

Guest FishFanInPA

ALL speculation.

Source?

Possibly the number one TO hater on the board is posting this. Like Burner/Felo/Junior said if he is hurt he is hurt.

Timeout....couple things about this....

1) I'm not the biggest TO hater....I've moved on from the fiasco and am looking to the future.

2) I didn't create the articles...I'm not Drew Rosenhaus who had the interviews on ESPN....so don't go blaming me for posting articles...

3) Who knows what the hell goes on in his head?? He's a media circus and this is what he wants

Guest FishFanInPA

If this is true, it's ok Sam Hurd will step in!

You know where he went to college.

:mischief

Sam Hurd who was personally trained by T.O. :mischief

This is true.

:mischief2 :mischief2 :mischief2 :mischief2 :mischief2 :mischief2

And he went to college at Northern Illinois.

:headscratch

I'd be like that if there was only guy from my school to make the NFL.....

ps....before you come back with the snide Temple remark...five of the last six super bowl champions feature Owls who played prominent roles.

If this is true, it's ok Sam Hurd will step in!

You know where he went to college.

:mischief

Sam Hurd who was personally trained by T.O. :mischief

This is true.

:mischief2 :mischief2 :mischief2 :mischief2 :mischief2 :mischief2

And he went to college at Northern Illinois.

:headscratch

I'd be like that if there was only guy from my school to make the NFL.....

Ryan Diem

Michael Turner

Justin McCariens

Sam Hurd

LeShon Johnson

(that's all I can remember)

Diem is a strating lineman on the best offense in football, Turner ended the Colts perfect season and will be starting somewhere next year, J-Mac is a starting WR on the Jets, and LeShon had a long career.

Guest FishFanInPA

Northern Illinois

Brad Cieslak (86) Buffalo Bills TE

Ryan Diem (71) Indianapolis Colts T

A.J. Harris (38) Washington Redskins RB

Darrell Hill (9) Kansas City Chiefs WR

Sam Hurd (17) Dallas Cowboys WR

Rob Lee (39) Buffalo Bills CB

Justin McCareins (81) New York Jets WR

Dan Sheldon (15) Indianapolis Colts WR

Hollis Thomas (99) New Orleans Saints DT

Michael Turner (33) San Diego Chargers RB

Temple

Raheem Brock (79) Indianapolis Colts DE

Antwon Burton (93) Denver Broncos DT

Zamir Cobb Arizona Cardinals WR

Lance Johnstone (51) Oakland Raiders DE

Dan Klecko (90) New England Patriots DT

Mike McGann (11) Indianapolis Colts QB

Jason McKie (37) Chicago Bears RB

Alshermond Singleton (51) Dallas Cowboys LB

Rian Wallace (54) Pittsburgh Steelers LB

Dave Yovanovits (68) Cleveland Browns T

Guest FishFanInPA

Some solid players on both those lists...Oh and for those who think i'm lying...this just crossed the AP Wire...

Jones says T.O. status still uncertain

By JAIME ARON, AP Sports Writer

August 21, 2006

SHREVEPORT, La. (AP) -- Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Monday night that receiver Terrell Owens may have another MRI exam taken to see why his hamstring continues to bother him after weeks of treatment.

"Certainly it is sore and he is going to be working to improve that," Jones said during halftime of Dallas' preseason game against the New Orleans Saints. "We will be evaluating it more tomorrow."

ADVERTISEMENT

The hamstring has bothered Owens since the first week of training camp. He missed the first preseason game, then returned to practice last week, but not enough for coach Bill Parcells to clear him to play against the Saints.

Jones said he's not sure whether Owens will be on the field when the team returns to practice Wednesday, which means he could also miss the next preseason game, at home Saturday night against San Francisco.

"Soft tissue is such a hard thing to get definitive about," Jones said. "You don't need an MRI to understand it is compromising and bothering him. The main thing is it is not firing. He needs to get to a point where it fires."

Jones said it's wrong to think Owens skipped a practice Saturday because he was angry that Parcells ruled him out of the Saints game.

"That's humorous," Jones said. "There is no substance to that. That is not the deal. Terrell and Bill are on the same page. They both want him to be out there and without risk of him further hurting his ham. There is no issue here about them being off the page."

The Cowboys led the Saints 17-0 at halftime, with quarterback Drew Bledsoe throwing touchdown passes to Terry Glenn and rookie Sam Hurd, who has worked a lot with Owens during training camp. It was Bledsoe's first action of the preseason after also being held out of the opener; he went 12-of-16 for 156 yards, leading Dallas to three scores in four drives.

Bledsoe sat out a victory against Seattle last weekend because Parcells wanted to give plenty of work to backup Tony Romo. That's prompted speculation of Bledsoe's job being in jeopardy -- something else Jones downplayed.

"I've never heard any debate about that from anyone on our staff," Jones said.

Guest FishFanInPA

Not to interrupt the brilliant convo that just happened but would you sell your soul to TO for a title or at least a shot knowing everything that's happened in his career???

Being an NFL fan and not an Eagles fan, i'd say no. This guy isn't going to learn until he goes a whole NFL season without playing for anyone.

Not to interrupt the brilliant convo that just happened but would you sell your soul to TO for a title or at least a shot knowing everything that's happened in his career???

Being an NFL fan and not an Eagles fan, i'd say no. This guy isn't going to learn until he goes a whole NFL season without playing for anyone.

No, but we already have 6 good WR's on our team. Ain't nuttin' to do but say NO!!!

Guest FishFanInPA

No, but we already have 6 good WR's on our team. Ain't nuttin' to do but say NO!!!

Put aside the Bengals fan....your an NFL fan in general....still take him?

I'm not an NFL fan in general. Screw the NFL.

Meh, it's a calculated risk. High risk, high reward. Me, probably not. There's too much to go wrong. But, let's say I'm the Ravens... I'd take the chance. Let's say I'm the Giants, I take the chance (Oh, man, can you imagine TO and Coughlin!? That needs to happen, but it never will). Or, screw it, if the Cowboys were smart they'd trade TO to the Raiders for like three mediocre dudes.

So, basically, if you don't have a REAL number 1 wide reciever, yes I'd take the risk. But, if your number 1 wide reciever is a tight end, yeah, take that risk.

Guest FishFanInPA

I'm not an NFL fan in general. Screw the NFL.

Meh, it's a calculated risk. High risk, high reward. Me, probably not. There's too much to go wrong. But, let's say I'm the Ravens... I'd take the chance. Let's say I'm the Giants, I take the chance (Oh, man, can you imagine TO and Coughlin!? That needs to happen, but it never will). Or, screw it, if the Cowboys were smart they'd trade TO to the Raiders for like three mediocre dudes.

So, basically, if you don't have a REAL number 1 wide reciever, yes I'd take the risk. But, if your number 1 wide reciever is a tight end, yeah, take that risk.

It's funny you say Coughlin and TO oooooh.....I bet you said the same thing with TO and Parcells....Owens can't be stopped..I figured Parcells would keep in line and even he can't.