Mitre, Moehler and Herges

The_Godfather

They have been fantastic. Not counting Mitre's first outing after his rehab, he has gone 5 IP out of the bullpen and not given up an ER. Only 2 hits and 4 walks. I love having him in the bullpen, he comes out and throws heat and can get the groundball if needed for the double play.

Matt Herges ERA the last 3 months have been - 2.00 , 2.30 and so far this month 2.00.

Brian Moehler, well we all saw what he did for us yesterday and so far this month has a 2.60 ERA. Amazing.

Without these much lambasted players, we would not be where we are right now. They are not getting the credit they deserve, so here is a big :thumbup to these three guys. Keep it up.

Unlike the Reds, we didn't need to trade away 2 young, talented starting position players to revamp our bullpen.

I was skeptical of Mitre out of the bullpen because he was always horrible in that aspect with the Cubs. I know he pitched some poor games as a starter, resulting in worse numbers, but he had some excellent games as a starter as well, whereas he never showed anything from the pen. He has been good so far, I can't blame him for the rush job in his first outing, he wasn't ready.

Unlike the Reds, we didn't need to trade away 2 young, talented starting position players to revamp our bullpen.

Didn't we trade Pierre for Mitre? And i think Robertson for Moehler?

I think we need pierre a little more then mitre.

That one Nolasco guy was in the deal too.. not to mention Pinto.

And I'm pretty sure Moehler was a ST invitee last season..

..way to keep up on things though.