Nolasco

TSwift25

With Mitre and Moehler both having pitched well, is a rotation change a possibility?

Not an overreaction, he's had a string of bad starts (bookended the winning streaks with our only losses and almost lost another in between).

I've never been a fan, so you'll say I'm biased, but do we make a change?

maybe nolasco's just run out of gas. it happens to young pitchers in their first seasons. frankly, i'm surprised our entire staff of rookies (jj, anibal, etc.) aren't gassed at this point.

Nolasco threw 162 innings last year at AAA, he's at about 126 right now and he's only projected for 145 on the season.

As a rule of thumb, it's healthy for pitchers to increase their workload 20 innings from year to year.

He's well within the "safe zone."

Honestly I dont see Noly as the future of the Marlins. I guess the scouting report got around baseball :confused .

lol such a what have you done for me lately chick

anyway, he's a pen guy... been saying that since day 1... and that's where he'll end up

Here are the choices (in my mind):

Moehler, Mitre, Petit.

At least with Mitre or Moehler, you could ride the hot hand.

I'd hate to piss Nolasco off, though, at the very least he needs to play nicey-nice for the rest of the season so he's dealt for a CF in the offseason (I've had that gut feeling all year).

Honestly I dont see Noly as the future of the Marlins. I guess the scouting report got around baseball :confused .

lol such a what have you done for me lately chick

anyway, he's a pen guy... been saying that since day 1... and that's where he'll end up

Yeah, I thought he'd make an interesting set-up option.

Even if he doesn't throw first pitch strikes, there's variety in there.