Naples

poptart

So what did you end up doing ?

well i looked for something to do... all there was was shopping centers and housing communities. they had a "downtown" which was nearly identical to downtown delray. i ended up chilling on the beach. the weather was so f***ing nice. it was like 74, sunny, with a light breeze.

Most of the attraction of Naples are the resort hotels and beaches attached to them.

For instance, The Registry is an amazing vacation spot. We used to go once a year at least.

yeah, the whole town seemed to be a vacation spot.... or somewhere to go after you retire.

I did the same thing a couple years ago.

I was sitting around, totally bored, so I drove over to Naples. We ended going to some huge, seafoody kind of restaurant, and then later we went barhopping at some wannabe entertainment district they have there. I remember being impressed with how new and clean the city and its roads looked. The beach also looked nice from afar, if I recall correctly.

Overall it's a pretty quiet town. None of the bars/restaurants were particularly packed, and there were like three occupied rooms in the entire hotel that weekend (I think it was the tourism offseason.).

Fun times, though; I always enjoy exploring a new town. I'd go back again for a weekend.

uncle has a place in Pelican Bay in Naples

beach, quiet town getaway for weekends is the essence of Naples.

when i first moved out we there bought a lot in there and planned on building a house. We decided Fort Meyers had better schools for me to go to so we built a house in Gulf Harbor. I think we still own a lot in there, its a pretty nice neighborhood.

Naples on the Gulf is pretty, clean, and when you go in the tourism season pretty packed. Fort Myers Beach is much more party-like for Spring Break, but the Gulf Coast is quieter and nice.

I live up in suburban Cape Coral.

As for Bonita Beach, that area is changing alot simply because it is in the middle of everywhere in terms of road construction, home development, and the growth of the Gulf Coast Town Center and FGCU.

when i first moved out we there bought a lot in there and planned on building a house. We decided Fort Meyers had better schools for me to go to so we built a house in Gulf Harbor. I think we still own a lot in there, its a pretty nice neighborhood.

Lee County does have excellent schools. But I am not sure where Gulf Harbor that you reference is. Gulf Harbor is an area of Nokomis up in Sarasota County that I know of....we also have Pirate Harbor, but that is in Charlotte County.

As for Fort Myers-Lee County High Schools...

Mariner High School > *

We PWN in everything and that is a fact.

I was in Naples several weeks ago for the first time in ages. It?s changed a lot since I was last there. I was at the Ritz Carlton so I was driving around that area and the really nice neighborhoods and while there is a lot of new construction most of the new homes didn?t look so cookie cutter like they tend to down here. The people seem more polite and the beach/sunset, of course, are beautiful.

It?s a great place for a weekend getaway. It?s not for you if you?re young and looking to party ? it?s not South Beach!