Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Attention: MacBook Owners...

Featured Replies

Some of you may recall that I had some problems with my MacBook shutting down intermittently. Well, the day that I was going to bite the bullet and send my unit out for repair, Apple came out with firmware update 1.1 for the MacBook. The upgrade was designed to fix the RSS (Random Systen Shutdown) problem. Along with the firmware update is an upgrade to version 10.4.8 of OSX. Install both, and hopefully you won't suffer the same problem as me. I have had the upgrade since Friday, and as of now, I haven't experienced a random shutdown. You all can now consider me a member of the satisfied MacBook owner community.

MB.com Mac community has considerably larger lately. Maybe we should just make a 'Mac' thread. Seems like we are getting new mac topics every other day.

 

I'm glad you are finally satisfied with your product, however, I'm still a newbie with mine. Can you tell me how I can download these updates?

Good to hear, Mr. Lummox.

 

If you ever have a problem with your Mac, feel free to ask.

 

Can you tell me how I can download these updates?

http://www.apple.com/support/

 

 

You need Mac OS X 10.4.8 or later to use this firmware update. Unfortunately I don't have that OS.

Good to hear, Mr. Lummox.

 

If you ever have a problem with your Mac, feel free to ask.

 

Can you tell me how I can download these updates?

http://www.apple.com/support/

 

 

You need Mac OS X 10.4.8 or later to use this firmware update. Unfortunately I don't have that OS.

Your MacBook should have come with 10.4 installed. Go to the Apple pull-down menu (designated by the Apple icon in in the top left corner of your screen), and select "About This Mac". A window will appear with a bunch of information. It will tell you processer type, memory, and startup disk volume name. Below the "Mac OS X" in large bold letters, should be the version of the software. Mine says "Version 10.4.8" since I recently upgraded. If you have 10.4.x you can upgrade to the latest build (which is 10.4.8).

 

To upgrade, go to the same Apple pull down menu and select "System Preferences". That will open the "System Preferences" window. In the fourth sub-menu entitled "System", there is an icon labeled "Software Update". Open it, and check for software updates. Since you recently bought your MacBook, you may need to do multiple updates before you can upgrade your firmware. Once you've upgraded to 10.4.8, you should be able to download the firmware upgrade as well.

 

Hope this helps. :thumbup .

Yeah, I have version 10.4.6, not .8 - I'll have to upgrade that. Thanks for the help!

No problem. :thumbup

 

i will be posting my own mac thread on thursday :]

 

:mischief2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.