December 12, 200619 yr I have a hard time believing the validity of that report. Given the Rays desperate need for pitching, I think they'd have jumped at any offer of a rotation starter above Nolasco. And if they really were offered Olsen + and we weren't just "prepared" to offer it, and they turned it down, they'll never truly make the leap. I agree 100%
December 12, 200619 yr I said when Berardino wrote this Sunday that it came from the DRays and was meant to create a market for Baldelli when their attempts to move him had failed, and further they did it by betraying what would have been confidential discussions with any GM other than Tampa's. Same thing happened with Philly (Cole Hamels rumor), and the Braves (two different sets of players).
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.