Yankees Land Cuban Prospect

HeatFanNY

The following is from Yankees.com:

NEW YORK -- Cuban prospect Juan Miranda said that he has agreed to terms with the Yankees on a four-year contract, but the Yankees aren't saying much when it comes to the first baseman.

Miranda told ESPNdeportes.com that he inked a $2 million deal, which includes a signing bonus of $500,000. The deal reportedly is a Major League contract, which would require the Yankees to place him on their 40-man roster.

"We have nothing to announce," said general manager Brian Cashman.

Miranda is listed as being 23 years old, though there is some speculation that he may actually be 25. "In Cuba I grew up dreaming of playing in the big leagues," Miranda told ESPNdeportes.com. "But I never thought it would be possible, much less with the Yankees."

Has anyone heard of this guy? The Yankees do need a good defensive first baseman and no matter how old he is 23 or 25, he will give the Yankees some youth.

I've never seen him play. He didn't play with the WBC (though a lot of those players were older and more loyal to the regime than just plain talented, save for Marti and Gorriel). Then again, there were three different first baseman that played and Miranda didn't. Barring an injury, that's not a good sign.

orisha might be your best bet.