January 11, 200719 yr now that hockey ended it is time for some basketball mourning and dwade both have blocks already
January 11, 200719 yr I still feel like Wright is a more consistent contributor than all but a few guys on this team. I don't know why he's losing minutes.
January 11, 200719 yr Author no cluespeciallywhen it seems we cant stop anyone at all. We need his defensive presence. He is perhaps our best defensive player besides Mourning on the entire team
January 11, 200719 yr Another good night for Kapono, BUT there Heat aren't doing a damn thing as far as rebounding goes. They're making Nick freakin' Collison look like a damn All-Star. Enoughhh!
January 11, 200719 yr I cannot wait until Shaq comes back. His offense won't be what it used to be but his presence will make a huge difference. I guarantee that Wilcox and Collison would not be having huge games with Shaq out there. It's embarrassing to watch. I mean, CHRIS WILCOX? WTF.
January 11, 200719 yr I heart D Wade. If the Heat finish with a respectable record, he has to be MVP candidate. We are NOTHING without him.
January 11, 200719 yr I heart D Wade. If the Heat finish with a respectable record, he has to be MVP candidate. We are NOTHING without him. I think it's safe to say that every team in the league is nothing without their best player.
January 11, 200719 yr Yeah, it's pretty absurd the extent to which we suck without him. He's basically missed 7 games (he played 6 mins before getting hurt in the Bulls game), and we are 0-7 in those games, losing by an average of 16 points.
January 11, 200719 yr I heart D Wade. If the Heat finish with a respectable record, he has to be MVP candidate. We are NOTHING without him. I think it's safe to say that every team in the league is nothing without their best player. No, that's probably not true. Teams are obviously worse without their best player, but not too many teams are 'nothing'. And Wade makes this team a playoff contender, whereas without him they are probably bottom 5 in the league.
January 11, 200719 yr I heart D Wade. If the Heat finish with a respectable record, he has to be MVP candidate. We are NOTHING without him. I think it's safe to say that every team in the league is nothing without their best player. No, that's probably not true. Teams are obviously worse without their best player, but not too many teams are 'nothing'. And Wade makes this team a playoff contender, whereas without him they are probably bottom 5 in the league. So you're telling me that with J-Will, Posey, Walker, Shaq, Zo, Wright, Kapono, Doleac, and Haslem in a 9 man rotation we'd be one of the worst teams in the league? Come on now.
January 11, 200719 yr I heart D Wade. If the Heat finish with a respectable record, he has to be MVP candidate. We are NOTHING without him. I think it's safe to say that every team in the league is nothing without their best player. No, that's probably not true. Teams are obviously worse without their best player, but not too many teams are 'nothing'. And Wade makes this team a playoff contender, whereas without him they are probably bottom 5 in the league. So you're telling me that with J-Will, Posey, Walker, Shaq, Zo, Wright, Kapono, Doleac, and Haslem in a 9 man rotation we'd be one of the worst teams in the league? Come on now. That would depend on how healthy Shaq is. And still, they wouldn't be a playoff team. Shaq can't carry a team by himself anymore.
January 11, 200719 yr Without Wade and Shaq, this may be the worst team in the league. I don't think they'd win 10 games. Throw in Shaq and they MIGHT get 30-35 games. It's hard to say. The big fella can't carry a team any more even when he is healthy, which is pretty rare these days. Wade and this cast of misfits probably win 50 games even without Shaq. Granted that's 50 games with an Eastern Conference schedule. BTW, one interesting thing looking at the standings...the Heat are the only team in the East to have played more games against the West than the East. Kinda strange. 18 games against Western teams, 16 against Eastern. Compare that to the Cavs who have played 25 games against the East, and only 9 against the West. With Wade back, and Shaq back soon (and hopefully for a long stretch), and what I would think would have to be an easier schedule, the Heat should be able to climb the ladder pretty quickly.
January 11, 200719 yr Without Wade and Shaq, this may be the worst team in the league. I don't think they'd win 10 games. Throw in Shaq and they MIGHT get 30-35 games. It's hard to say. The big fella can't carry a team any more even when he is healthy, which is pretty rare these days. Wade and this cast of misfits probably win 50 games even without Shaq. Granted that's 50 games with an Eastern Conference schedule. BTW, one interesting thing looking at the standings...the Heat are the only team in the East to have played more games against the West than the East. Kinda strange. 18 games against Western teams, 16 against Eastern. Compare that to the Cavs who have played 25 games against the East, and only 9 against the West. With Wade back, and Shaq back soon (and hopefully for a long stretch), and what I would think would have to be an easier schedule, the Heat should be able to climb the ladder pretty quickly. Take the two best players off any team and see what happens. Lakers without Kobe and Odom, Rockets without McGrady and Yao, Spurs without Duncan and Parker, Suns without Nash and Amare, the list goes on and on. No sh*t the Heat would suck without Wade and Shaq, everyone else is a damn role player. They aren't superstars that take over. I seriously HATE when someone throws that dumb ass statement out there. I've heard it so many times it's just annoying now. TAKE THE TWO BEST PLAYERS OFF ANY TEAM AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. Can you honestly tell me a team that would still look good? The way you say "this cast of misfits" makes it seem like this is a REALLY bad team. Zo leads the league in blocks, Haslem is a double double waiting to happen, J-Will when healthy is great and his Assist to Turnover ratio is always good, Wright is an up and comer, Posey is one of the better defenders in the league, and the rest of them are solid bench guys. What happened with the Heat is unfortunate. They were forced to throw their bench guys into the starting line-up and play shorthanded WITHOUT THEIR SUPERSTARS so now everyone thinks they're terrible. It's more annoying than anything. It's as if everyone expected them to be 20 games over .500 without Wade, Shaq, Posey, and J-Will. As for the whole Heat VS West thing, it's been like this every season. We get Sacramento, Utah, Denver, Seattle, and some other West teams at home in October, November, and December then we go on that West Coast trip. Then we play the Texas teams after the West Coast trip.
January 11, 200719 yr Well, let me restate: I think if you take the 2 best players off every team in the league, the Heat would be one of the 5 worst teams in the league. They have only 2 players who can create offense on any kind of consistent basis. This is not true of most teams. It is a testament to their ability as role players that I think the addition of Wade is enough to elevate this cast of misfits from a sub 10 win team to a 50 win team. But they are completely incapable of winning games on their own. There are very few teams that are THAT helpless when missing their 2 best players. And, more to the point, there is probably no other title contender that would flat out suck that much if you took away their 2 best players. I'm not really trying to compare the Heat to the Atlanta Hawks or whatever, who have no good players to begin with. I don't know why this gets you so upset, so I'll just drop it.
January 11, 200719 yr Well, let me restate: I think if you take the 2 best players off every team in the league, the Heat would be one of the 5 worst teams in the league. They have only 2 players who can create offense on any kind of consistent basis. This is not true of most teams. It is a testament to their ability as role players that I think the addition of Wade is enough to elevate this cast of misfits from a sub 10 win team to a 50 win team. But they are completely incapable of winning games on their own. There are very few teams that are THAT helpless when missing their 2 best players. And, more to the point, there is probably no other title contender that would flat out suck that much if you took away their 2 best players. I'm not really trying to compare the Heat to the Atlanta Hawks or whatever, who have no good players to begin with. I don't know why this gets you so upset, so I'll just drop it. I'm inclined to agree. Take 2 of a team's best players away and ANY team struggles. Maybe some teams don't look as terrible, but take a team's top 2 away and nobody wins many games, let alone anything meaningful. THe Heat struggle more than most though because EVERYTHING they do is built around Wade and Shaq...it's just the way this team is constructed. That isn't a bad thing, in fact it is a very good thing when they are both available. When just Wade is available, he is good enough to win games by himself, but take both away and you have no shot. We've seen it this year...with no Wade, the team competes for a half, maybe 3 quarters, but they cannot overcome the loss of the 30 ppg. The problem this year is health mainly and also Toine. It may be a different story if Walker had not seemingly lost all his basketball skill since last season, but since he has looked nothing like a 3 time all star and career 20 ppg scorer, the Heat is where it is right now.
January 11, 200719 yr I believe Wade is more valuable to his team than any other player in the league. It's absurd how much of a better team they are with him on the court.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.