Red Sox fans prepared to pay Cabrera if Marlins won't

Cabrera has been quoted numerous times saying in effect (this is a paraphrasing) "The Marlins gave me my chance to play in the big leagues and win a world series and I would always like to be a Marlins player. This is my team."

Trying to find it is difficult without the exact phrasing to search for. But since someone asked (and I know it was asked of another) I'll try to find it too.

I'm not saying I don't believe you. I'd just like to see where and, more importantly, when.

It came out like a week ago...after the arby hearing.

FWIW, the only other team he's implied interest in is the White Sox because of the Ozzie connection.

Cabrera has been quoted numerous times saying in effect (this is a paraphrasing) "The Marlins gave me my chance to play in the big leagues and win a world series and I would always like to be a Marlins player. This is my team."

Trying to find it is difficult without the exact phrasing to search for. But since someone asked (and I know it was asked of another) I'll try to find it too.

I'm not saying I don't believe you. I'd just like to see where and, more importantly, when.

I wasn't the one who brought it up originally and I didn't think you didn't believe me or the other person.

I was simply saying I'll keep an eye out for it...

So Red Sox are willing to let their owner pay Cabs, that's special.

Anyone here against paying Cabs?

Loria is against paying for anything.

i do believe he is paying for a large chunk of the new stadium...give him a break...cabs will be a marlin until he retires or is useless as a baseball player...whichever comes first

I do believe you're wrong.

Loria's paying around $40 million for the new stadium, the rest of the money the Marlins kick in come from rent payments and the naming rights, pretty standard practice.

If it's "pretty standard practice", why are you always crying about it?

Where on earth am I crying? I'm just pointing out a common fallacy that Loria is some great unprecedented owner in stadium contribution.

You're ALWAYS crying over this issue. While rent payments are standard practice and Loria and the county still a bit off, Loria's promised contribution is significant in the history of stadium negotiations, by raw contribution, proportion and contributions up front. Is it mind blowing? No. Has it brokered a deal? Not yet. But is large relative to his peers? Certainly. And considering his critics' claims of his penny pinching, you'd think they would take note of it if not only for its oddness, but I guess anything to undermine the ownership is fair game for some.