Reggie Abercrombie/Topes blurb

"Outfielder Reggie Abercrombie, recently optioned from the Marlins where he spent all of last season, belted a two-run homer to left field to help lead the Albuquerque Isotopes to a 5-1 win over the New Orleans Zephyrs today in Spring Training action at Jupiter, Florida.

Chris Ashby also contributed a two-out RBI single to help pace the Isotopes.

On the mound, left-hander Paul Mildren, who finished fourth in the Double-A Carolina League with 10 wins a year ago, threw two scoreless frames to start the contest. Reliever Roy Corcoran, a Zephyr last year, spelled Mildren, authoring two scoreless innings of his own. The Marlins also today made a number of moves that will affect the Isotopes roster. Left-handed pitcher Chris George, right-handed pitcher Eddy Rodriguez, and infielder Scott Seabol have all been reassigned to Isotopes camp, while first baseman Jason Stokes was outrighted to Albuquerque."

Isn't Albuquerque also like 7000 feet above sea level??? Couldn't Anibal Sanchez hit homeruns there too?

yes

but these games are being played in Jupiter, Florida

Reggie hit HR #3 today :thumbup

Meh...if Hermida goes on the DL might Reggie get called back up? :confused

I doubt it

I don't care how many home runs he hits in the minors. He had more than enough chances and he failed miserably. He just isn't major league material.

you could just ignore this thread

Funny that you pick me out of everyone who has questioned Abercrombie's abilities in this thread. :rolleyes:

Personal attachments toward players are cool if you are seven years old.

You're right, my apologies.