Marlins get the house to pass the bill

HB 323 is the Marlins-only bill. Looks like the wheels are in motion in Tally.

Special Order Calander: A list of bills determined to be of high priority and scheduled for consideration in a specific sequence during a floor session on a particular day. This list is taken up during the Order of Business of Special Orders.

So tomorrow is a big day. Anyone know that if this is a good sign that a bill will pass?

Villalobos and De La Portilla have alot of explaining to do.

I will get the links up for all of today's action on The Marlins Baseball News.

De La Portilla is no where to be found. He should be ashamed of himself. At least explain why you are against something. I hope Villalobos come to the table with some good news. we shall see

Looks like the Politicians are out again to sink any chance of a Bill to Help the Marlins.

Look at the amendment that was just added today to HB323. Basically says

that if this bill passes an equal 2 Million Dollars would have to be matched to EVERY School District

that is within the Same legislative area as the Public Sports Facility receiving the same subsidy.

Funny - When the State was looking to help Scripps I did not see a MATCHING ALLOCATION

amendment? Guess a Sports Team does not qualify as a business or corporation worthy of State

Assistance.

Anyone care to take a stab at interpreting the consequences of this amendment. Ever hear of a

Poison Pill? I am afraid we have been given one :banghead

http://www.myfloridahouse.com/Sections/Doc...mp;Session=2007

Any info on the radio show that the Senator was supposed to be appearing on?

yeah. Villalobos is very supportive of the bill.

However, I do not see a clear plan to get this throught the Senate. I'm very worried about this.

De La Portilla doesn't want to play ball because his Bill is not the one going forward.

Villalobos plan is that la Descarga Deportiva goes to Tallahasee to broadcast live and put some pressure on the SF delegation :( What a joke

or wait to last second and let it dead it happen alot to that bill

It is on the Special Order Calendar for tomorrow. It is pretty much getting done in the House tomorrow. They should have the votes to have it to the Senate by Friday morning for consideration. The Senate started up today in Session.....so this should get to them soon as House communications have high priority.

It is on the Special Order Calendar for tomorrow. It is pretty much getting done in the House tomorrow. They should have the votes to have it to the Senate by Friday morning for consideration. The Senate started up today in Session.....so this should get to them soon as House communications have high priority.

It is not said often enough Cape, thank you for your hard work and information. It is very appreciated by us fellow fish fans :)

It is not said often enough Cape, thank you for your hard work and information. It is very appreciated by us fellow fish fans :)

Very true. I know I would be totally lost if it wasnt for cape. Thanks!

House is currently on HB1231, a Prostitution bill. They are quickly doing some recognition of guests from New College of Florida in Sarasota.

The House is working on Special Order Bill, of which HB323 is one for today.

Today's Special Order Calendar (See Pages 11-19 with HB323 being on page 12):

Link to PDF File

House doing random introductions of random people.

Rep. Bogdanoff lecturing the bad House members who keep filing late amendments.

House is currently on HB1231, a Prostitution bill. They are quickly doing some recognition of guests from New College of Florida in Sarasota.

The House is working on Special Order Bill, of which HB323 is one for today.

Today's Special Order Calendar (See Pages 11-19 with HB323 being on page 12):

Link to PDF File

House doing random introductions of random people.

Rep. Bogdanoff lecturing the bad House members who keep filing late amendments.

What do you know about this prostitution bill?...