Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

Apologies if posted but I saw this was posted on rotoworld earlier in the day

 

Josh Johnson (elbow) threw another pain-free bullpen session on Tuesday.

 

Johnson is about a month from returning to the Marlins' rotation. He could begin a minor league rehab assignment in the next week or so.

 

Can we really expect him back in a month? Even though we aren't playing well as of late, its very encouraging to see this news..along with the news on Hermida and seeing De Aza taking BP the other day.

 

We really have to hope we can stay relatively close in the standings over the next month or so until we get healthy.. because I think this team can do wonderful things THIS season.

I dont underrate him.

 

 

:thumbup I just think the general Marlin fan base on this board don't consider him a #1 ace like I do. I put him up with the Hanley,Miguel and Dontrelles as the building blocks in this club. I also include Hermida. Those 5 guys are the most important pieces and should be the guys we build the franchise around. Too bad we are so cheap or we could sign em all past arbitration.

I actually put Scotty O above JJ talent wise.

 

I am not as high on D-Train as most(for example, I would much rather of kept Big Tex and traded D-Train if that option was available), as he is being forced into the ace role and he isnt an ace, just a really good #2. D-Trains overall hot-and-cold routine where hes really good or really awful with very little grey area is also a turnoff.

 

That said, JJ is the guy I want on the hill if we have to win a game and the first guy in the rotation in a playoff series.

 

Olsen has the stuff but JJ can better utilize his repertoire.

I actually put Scotty O above JJ talent wise.

 

I am not as high on D-Train as most(for example, I would much rather of kept Big Tex and traded D-Train if that option was available), as he is being forced into the ace role and he isnt an ace, just a really good #2. D-Trains overall hot-and-cold routine where hes really good or really awful with very little grey area is also a turnoff.

 

That said, JJ is the guy I want on the hill if we have to win a game and the first guy in the rotation in a playoff series.

 

Olsen has the stuff but JJ can better utilize his repertoire.

I am in agreement with you here. Dontrelle is our ace but his consistency is terrible. The walks are killing us. I can understand it from rookies but he is in his 5th year now. I know some of it is from his non-orthodox delivery which is both good and bad. I like JJ but I think Olsen's "stuff" is better, a little nastier.

Josh Johnson can and probably will end up being an Ace. Maybe not this year because of the injury, but if i had to predict the future he will be our opening day starter next year (and Game 1 of the 2007 NLDS starter if we are lucky).

Josh Johnson can and probably will end up being an Ace. Maybe not this year because of the injury, but if i had to predict the future he will be our opening day starter next year (and Game 1 of the 2007 NLDS starter if we are lucky).

that's going out on a huge ledge there

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.