Remember the good old days of Video Games...

Guest FishFanInPA

The NES/Super NES era was the good old days of video games.

Oh puh-leese you youngin!

The good ol' days were spent playing Activision games like Barnstormin', River Raid, Pitfall, Freeway, Tennis, Space Shuttle and, of course, Decathalon which involved moving the old Atari joysticks back and forth in order to run. That was especially funny if you stood behind the guy doing that to his joystick as he grunted to beat the 100m mark!!! GOLD, BABY, GOLD!!!

Then there is the final "golden era" which would be the old Commodore 64 games

Geez, I could still play Hardball, Commando, Sporttime Hockey, Sporttime MISL, Rambo, Beach Head, Super Sunday, Jet, Ace of Aces, Dr. J vs. Bird, Fourth & Inches, Earl Weaver Baseball, Pirates, Summer Games, Winter Games, and Panzers East!

The good ol' days were spent playing Activision games like Barnstormin', River Raid, Pitfall, Freeway, Tennis, Space Shuttle and, of course, Decathalon which involved moving the old Atari joysticks back and forth in order to run. That was especially funny if you stood behind the guy doing that to his joystick as he grunted to beat the 100m mark!!! GOLD, BABY, GOLD!!!

Geez, I could still play Hardball, Commando, Sporttime Hockey, Sporttime MISL, Rambo, Beach Head, Super Sunday, Jet, Ace of Aces, Dr. J vs. Bird, Fourth & Inches, Earl Weaver Baseball, Pirates, Summer Games, Winter Games, and Panzers East!

I'm glad that I'm not the only one to remember the activision games. I was always fond of games like Combat, Kaboom!, Frogger, Space Invaders among others. I go way back to the 2600 days :mischief

Guest FishFanInPA

had and played both games.....Batman vs. the Joker was good too.

had and played both games.....Batman vs. the Joker was good too.

Ace of Aces was a classic and one of the first flight simulator games that had missions which were tied together. As for Dr. J v. Bird, we would have tournaments in my neighborhood (literally our own version of the NCAAs) to see who would be the basketball champ. We would draw up the brackets and everything!

In my opinion one of the best football simulations for the C64 was "Super Sunday" only because it involved strategy and playcalling more than maneuvering a joystick, and it was the first "football" game on the computer that actually kept stats and provided a boxscore at the end of the game which you could print out (ah, the memories of my old Okidata dot matrix printer).

I loved Super Sunday

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/mick21772/MVP07%20Reference/superbowlsunday18.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/mick21772/MVP07%20Reference/superbowlsunday20.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/mick21772/MVP07%20Reference/superbowlsunday24.gif

Commodore 64 rocked. I could play Winter games and Admin Bird vs Dr J all day.

In addition, there was this awesome wrestling game with an amazing amount of moves. I forgot the name. I have played the WWE games on PS2, and they don't come close as entertainment value.

Commodore 64 rocked. I could play Winter games and Admin Bird vs Dr J all day.

[in addition, there was this awesome wrestling game with an amazing amount of moves. I forgot the name. I have played the WWE games on PS2, and they don't come close as entertainment value.

[/b]

You are thinking of Bop N Wrestle. I agree to this day was the best Rasslin game ever! Eespecially the Commodore Amiga version which had 16 bit graphics back in 1988. Very advanced for it's day. BTW, remember Micro League Baseball back in the C-64 era? First game to have upgradable roster / stats discs pre-internet.

You are thinking of Bop N Wrestle. I agree to this day was the best Rasslin game ever! Eespecially the Commodore Amiga version which had 16 bit graphics back in 1988. Very advanced for it's day. BTW, remember Micro League Baseball back in the C-64 era? First game to have upgradable roster / stats discs pre-internet.

Earl Weaver Baseball also had a similar feature. Even though it came out for the Commodore Amiga (not the C64), that game was so ahead of its time. To date, it is perhaps the best baseball game ever created. My cousin, who lived on the block behind mine, had an Amiga and we spent an entire summer creating our own six team major league using the Earl Weaver Commissioner Disk which allowed you to create players, teams, uniforms, stadiums, leagues with schedules, etc. We had our own draft lottery and set up a 30 game schedule where each of our three teams would rotate playing each other. The best and funnest feature of the Commissioner Disk was the ability to create players. One of the "Create-A-Player" feature was to create the pronounciation of their names. To this day because of that computer generated voice, I still chuckle at the thought of players like Dick Schofield and Pete Incaviglia because for some odd reason the computer would mangle their names. I remember creating a team called the "Marlins" in 1989 with aqua as the prominent color (yes, I was ahead of my time!). My cousin and I had the "Senators," "Marlins," "Comanches," "Apaches," "Sun Sox," among others. And they played in places like Griffiths Stadium, Joe Robbie Stadium, the TerraDome . . . . That was a good summer!

Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart.......God I love SNES.

Don't forget Zelda, Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy II & III among others.

Nothing will ever beat Zelda.

Normally I would agree since I am a huge Zelda fan, however in terms of overall experience: Super Metroid > Zelda: LttP

IMO :cool

I still break out the SNES from time to time. Never gets old. I know alot of you have played Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, etc. but did anyone here have any of these other games I spent my childhood playing?

Beavis & Butthead

Aero the Acrobat

Spanky's Quest

Maximum Carnage

TMNT: Turtles in Time

Those were the days. Sigh.

I still break out the SNES from time to time. Never gets old. I know alot of you have played Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, etc. but did anyone here have any of these other games I spent my childhood playing?

Beavis & Butthead

Aero the Acrobat

Spanky's Quest

Maximum Carnage

TMNT: Turtles in Time

Those were the days. Sigh.

I had beavis & butt-head and turtles in time. Best video games ever.