Random Triva Thread: Movie Edition

EndLine

I didn't check but I believe it is All About Eve with 16.

Per the 'pedia it only got 14 and is tied with Titanic.

I knew 14 sounded correct but I didn't know about All About Eve.

Interesting. I'm decent with Academy Award trivia from 1970 on and get better by the decade. I'd get rocked with anything before then.

I knew it was All About Eve (forgot about Titanic). I shouldn't have said that.

But

I was still wrong. :D

Next Question?

Okay Fox, I'm going to give you a fairly easy pre-70s question.

What movie was the first to win the top 4 awards (picture, director, actor, actress)?

Guest CrimsonCane

Posted this in the other trivia thread, but I figured it was better suited for this thread.

Who is the only male actor to have won an Academy Award each time he was nominated? (Has to have at least 2 nominations)

I knew it was All About Eve (forgot about Titanic). I shouldn't have said that.

But

I was still wrong. :D

Next Question?

Okay Fox, I'm going to give you a fairly easy pre-70s question.

What movie was the first to win the top 4 awards (picture, director, actor, actress)?

It Happened One Night

In the movie The Goonies, which player's baseball card did they find in Chester Copperpot's wallet?

Lou gehrig

And it is an error card... It was one of those Sporting News cards Topps put in their sets in the early 70's, Chester Copperpot would not have had that card at the time he entered the caves.

Posted this in the other trivia thread, but I figured it was better suited for this thread.

Who is the only male actor to have won an Academy Award each time he was nominated? (Has to have at least 2 nominations)

I would have said Sean Connery but I think he was only nominated for The Untouchables [which he won].

Guest CrimsonCane

I would have said Sean Connery but I think he was only nominated for The Untouchables [which he won].

It's not Connery.

Kevin Spacey, I think.

Question:

In what movie did Berra, Mantle and Maris get ejected from a game for "arguing" balls and strikes?

I used the "" because although they really didn't argue that's the reason the ump threw them out.

Guest CrimsonCane

Kevin Spacey, I think.

Yeah. It was Spacey. He won Best Supporting Actor for "The Usual Suspects" and Best Actor for "American Beauty."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.