Carlos Martinez update

Ramp

Our savior.

I don't think anyone considers him to be the savior of our bullpen, but if you actually watched Carlos Martinez pitch last year it is easy to get excited about having an arm like that added to the bullpen.

Actually a lot of people are talking about him as a big help in our bullpen. If our bullpen wasn't doing so well, they'd be calling for him to be beatified.

Yes, he looked really good last year in 10 innings. He allows a ton of base runners, judging by his Minor league totals and by his 10 inning stint last season, and that spells trouble as a reliever. Hey, he may be great, but I'm not expecting it, especially not as it seems he may be being rushed back from TJ.

Btw if you are looking at his minor league numbers on the baseball cube you should know that they have some stats there that arent his.

Btw if you are looking at his minor league numbers on the baseball cube you should know that they have some stats there that arent his.

Well then that kind of changes everything. I'd be much more open to seeing him in a more positive light if I could see his real stats. Anyone have them?

Pitchers usually return better than ever from TJ.

I believe that to be an exaggeration. We only hear of the pitchers that come back better from TJ. I would be willing to bet there are far more pitchers that don't excell after having that operation. For instance, I don't see Spooney blowing hitters away anywhere. And while Doc Andrews was working on AJ's elbow he should have operated on his bloated ego as well. (Okay. That may have been a low blow.)

Well then that kind of changes everything. I'd be much more open to seeing him in a more positive light if I could see his real stats. Anyone have them?

Look under the Org column and ignore the rows with Wan.

He's only pitched about 190 innings in 5.5 seasons.

http://thebaseballcube.com/players/M/carlos-martinez-2.shtml