Carlos Martinez update

Ramp

I don't get why people consider Carlos to be such a huge boost. He's been mostly unimpressive in the minors, not counting his 2005 Jupiter season. He had 12 really good innings with us at the beginning of last season, and he showed good stuff, but there's lots of guys who have looked good in 12 innings and done nothing else. Judging by his minor league numbers, he's not going to exactly set the world on fire. They should take their time bringing him back.

I don't get why people consider Carlos to be such a huge boost. He's been mostly unimpressive in the minors, not counting his 2005 Jupiter season. He had 12 really good innings with us at the beginning of last season, and he showed good stuff, but there's lots of guys who have looked good in 12 innings and done nothing else. Judging by his minor league numbers, he's not going to exactly set the world on fire. They should take their time bringing him back.

Guy gas a nasty curve and a very live fastball, you have those two pitches and you're in the majors and you keep on blowing stuff by the batters and make them look like rookies then you are usually a boost to the team.

Because he has shown he has the nasty pitches to be something special. Cleary, you can judge the potential of a pitcher more by what he has than early numbers in a brief career. Of course he needs to be coached, mechanics need to become consistent-but I think you can see there is good cause to be optimistic about what he can bring.

Carlos Martinez-R- Marlins Jun. 8 - 3:09 pm et

Carlos Martinez (elbow) pitched a perfect inning Thursday in his first appearance since moving up to Double-A Carolina.

Martinez opened his rehab assignment by allowing one run in two innings for Single-A Jupiter. He could join Florida's bullpen later this month.

rotoworld.com

Our savior.

I don't think anyone considers him to be the savior of our bullpen, but if you actually watched Carlos Martinez pitch last year it is easy to get excited about having an arm like that added to the bullpen.

Actually a lot of people are talking about him as a big help in our bullpen. If our bullpen wasn't doing so well, they'd be calling for him to be beatified.

Yes, he looked really good last year in 10 innings. He allows a ton of base runners, judging by his Minor league totals and by his 10 inning stint last season, and that spells trouble as a reliever. Hey, he may be great, but I'm not expecting it, especially not as it seems he may be being rushed back from TJ.

Our savior.

I don't think anyone considers him to be the savior of our bullpen, but if you actually watched Carlos Martinez pitch last year it is easy to get excited about having an arm like that added to the bullpen.

Actually a lot of people are talking about him as a big help in our bullpen. If our bullpen wasn't doing so well, they'd be calling for him to be beatified.

Yes, he looked really good last year in 10 innings. He allows a ton of base runners, judging by his Minor league totals and by his 10 inning stint last season, and that spells trouble as a reliever. Hey, he may be great, but I'm not expecting it, especially not as it seems he may be being rushed back from TJ.

In K-Mart I believe!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.