Red Cards at a baseball game?

Guest FishFanInPA

Guest FishFanInPA

I wish this was a joke, but apparently Baseball Parks are going to begin giving out red cards to fans. The first stadium to do so is Safeco Field in Seattle, and they'll be given out for varying reasons and infractions....

Last summer, Andy Wattula and two friends settled into their outfield seats at Safeco Field to watch the Mariners play the Boston Red Sox. The warm, sunny Saturday afternoon was perfect for a ball game and was rendered even more ideal when the Sox opened up a big lead, to the delight of Wattula, who had just moved from Cambridge, Mass. As they stockpiled empty beer cups, Wattula and his friends?one a fellow Sox fan, the other a die-hard Mariners fan?bantered and joked with one another.

Near the end of the game, a seating host (Safeco's term for "usher") appeared, holding a red slip of paper. She presented it to Wattula and his friends and informed them that they needed to leave. "You violated the code of conduct," she said.

Wow...if New York instituted this policy over half the stadium would be kicked out (Hey-O!). But seriously, here's the list of things they can kick you out for...

?Foul/abusive language or obscene gestures

?Intoxication or other signs of impairment related to alcohol consumption

?Displays of affection not appropriate in a public, family setting

?Obscene or indecent clothing

?Any disruption of a game or event, including throwing of objects or trespassing on the playing field or other restricted areas

?Fighting, taunting or making threatening remarks or gestures

?Smoking or the use of tobacco products, in any form

.....and most importantly (and damaging to my baseball viewing experience)

?Sitting in a location other than the guest's ticketed seat

Finding an empty section in the lower level and moving there is an art form in my eyes. I've practiced this feat since about 8 years old, and I have never been denied.

http://www.seattleweekly.com/2007-06-06/ne...y-at-safeco.php

Next Marlin game I go to, I will be trying my hardest to receive a red ticket. That would be awesome.

ha. I wonder if you get to keep it?

I got thrown out of a dolphins game once and it wasnt a lady giving me a piece of paper, it was 4 police men. They just took my ticket away and walked me out of the stadium.

Next Marlin game I go to, I will be trying my hardest to receive a red ticket. That would be awesome.

I got thrown out of a dolphins game once and it wasnt a lady giving me a piece of paper, it was 4 police men. They just took my ticket away and walked me out of the stadium.

If they were insititute something like this in Philly, they will probably just flash a red screen on the jumbotron and annouce entire sections to leave the stadium. :lol

BTW, it kind of is a Red Badge of honor for a true fan to get one. I would most likely try to get one at a Jags game if they insituted it up here, as long as I didn't lose my season tickets.

Guest FishFanInPA

If they were insititute something like this in Philly, they will probably just flash a red screen on the jumbotron and annouce entire sections to leave the stadium. :lol

BTW, it kind of is a Red Badge of honor for a true fan to get one. I would most likely try to get one at a Jags game if they insituted it up here, as long as I didn't lose my season tickets.

That's pretty funny about Philly......except your forgetting degenerates are in even city and every stadium. How about the idiots who ran on the field at the White Sox game yesterday.

Well philly has(or had) that jail under the stadium. Thats one place I wouldnt mess around in.

I remember one marlins game when a guy got kicked out:

Our section was hitting a beach ball around, and the usher got hold of it and wrapped her arms around it (she was taking it away) and a guy hit the ball out of her arms and we started hitting it around again. That guy was asked to leave (forced to actaully) and then bought another ticket and came back in. lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.