Kudos to Admin Beinfest

Backin2008

I must admit when the season started I thought the Marlins bullpen wasn't going to be too good. Beinfest did a good job of taking out the trash getting rid of Resop, Messenger and Vargas and replacing them with Armando Benitez, Matt Lindstrom, Henry Owens and Kevin Gregg. All of those guys have been outstanding for the Fish. I'm amazed at how Lindstrom can get the ball up to the plate in the high 90's. Plucking Justin Miller off of the junk heap also has proved to be a good move so far this season. All the Marlins need to do is straighten out the lefties in the pen and it will be all systems go.

I think we have a great 'pen. Gregg has been a fantastic addition, he's really surprised me. I didn't think Benitez would work out, we took a shot, and he's done well. Lindstrom's been so-so, but I too like the + fastball. Owens was doing well, until the injuries..

Resop, Messenger, and Vargas all had their moments with the fish......but brief ones. Resop's in AAA with the Los Angelos Angels of Anaheim of California of the United States of America. Vargas has been up and down from AAA with the mets. Messy's doing well with the Giants (the baseball ones): he's pitched 33 innings and has an ERA of 2.16.

The bullpen is the best Marlins bullpen I've ever seen so far this season. If anyone else can name one that has been better go ahead. The offseason trades worked out extremely well, and Benitez has been fine as well. This may come as a surprise to some, but the only question mark about it for me is Gregg in the closer role. My reason for worry is that he hasn't pitched in many one run save situations (I can't recall actually watching a game where he did that. Maybe the Sox game a few days ago was a one run game when he came in, I was away). He has shown a great ability to keep cool on the mound and never comes off the hinges and gets lit up, but if we were a playoff team I wonder if he could be that guy to shut things down in the highest pressure situations. But all things considered he has done a fantastic job.