Next Homestand

Marlins97+03WC

If this team really has any chance this year, they must make a statement in this next homestand. We play WAS, STL, and CIN in a span of 10 games. The Marlins have played so bad at home, which befuddles me, as we have historically been a pretty good home team. We must go at least 7-3. Are my demands too high?

If this team really has any chance this year, they must make a statement in this next homestand. We play WAS, STL, and CIN in a span of 10 games. The Marlins have played so bad at home, which befuddles me, as we have historically been a pretty good home team. We must go at least 7-3. Are my demands too high?

I would hope we could do it, but with the current state of our rotation, doubts are creeping in. D Train needs to avoid the bad inning, Sergio needs to keep going and the rest are such an uncertaintly-you can't build any confidence or momentum.

I agree this homestand is crunch time now. If we really are going to make a run, 7-3 is probably needed, 6-4 at the very least. We need to not play down to these teams' levels. So fay, we have a losing record against the Nats. We ended up below .500 against the Pirates as well.

I'm optimistic about this upcoming homestand despite the Marlins poor play at home this year. The team will be a bit more after a few days off and hopefully can come out of the gates strong against a poor Washington team, much like they did to start the year.