ESPN Ranks the 100 World Series

CyggyMarlin

Guest marlins02

TWINS/BRAVES

Puckett's HR in Game 7

thats a classic. what place did the 2001 series fall in.

i keep trying to load the page up but its taking to long.

Anyone willing to guess the worst 2 World Series in history? You can think of one right off the top of your head :mischief

No the "black sox" are third. The two worst ones never happened. The worst was 1994 and the second worst was on 1904 when the NLCS champion Giants refused to play the ALCS champion Red Sox.

woow 33 i thought these people would rank us 101th :unsure :

:lol i don't think they hate us that much. though it wouldnt have really surprised me I believe the 1919 world series, which my beloved white sox lost on purpose, was ranked 98th only ahead of the 2 years where a world series wasn't even played. :banghead

woow 33 i thought these people would rank us 101th :unsure :

:lol i don't think they hate us that much. though it wouldnt have really surprised me I believe the 1919 world series, which my beloved white sox lost on purpose, was ranked 98th only ahead of the 2 years where a world series wasn't even played. :banghead ouch. don't worry about the haters. you guys will have your day soon enough.

woow 33 i thought these people would rank us 101th? :unsure :

:lol i don't think they hate us that much. though it wouldnt have really surprised me I believe the 1919 world series, which my beloved white sox lost on purpose, was ranked 98th only ahead of the 2 years where a world series wasn't even played. :banghead ouch. don't worry about the haters. you guys will have your day soon enough. LOL no we deserved that for losing on purpose, I am angry for the fact that my favorite team, or any team, could throw a world series. And yes, we will have our day eventually. Right when you see Satan sipping on Pina Colattas (spelling?) on Miami Beach.

shoeless joe got screwed...

Yeah he did. All he did was score 11 of the teams 20 runs, leading both teams, hit i believe .375, best on both teams, make no errors in the field, and set the world series record at the time for hits with either 11 or 12, and have the series only home run. I still don't buy he threw that series.

yea losing a WS on purpose is beyond my relm of thinking but that was a looooong time ago.

so? It dosent matter how long ago it happened. No one will ever forget that. When that happened many fans stoped watching baseball it took years for them to get over it. It made baseball look like a dirty sport. They deserved to be ranked 100th not 98th. Imagine what White Sox fans go through in Chicago? I bet Cub fans are always reminding them their beloved White Sox threw the 1919 World Series. Thats also the reason not many people feel sorry that the White Sox havent won in such a long time, like they do with the Red Sox and the Cubs.

yea losing a WS on purpose is beyond my relm of thinking but that was a looooong time ago.

so? It dosent matter how long ago it happened. No one ever forget that. When that happened many fans stoped watching baseball it took years for them to get over it. It made baseball look like a dirty sport. They deserved to be ranked 100th not 98th. Imagine what White Sox fans go through in Chicago? I bet Cub fans are always reminding them their beloved White Sox threw the 1919 World Series. Thats also the reason not many people feel sorry that the White Sox havent won in such a long time, like they do with the Red Sox and the Cubs. Not one cub fan has ever mentioned the 1919 world series to me. I don't know if it's their lack of knowledge about baseball history, but I never hear about it.