Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A Deadline Inquiry into the Florida Marlins

Featured Replies

I like how loaded the Beinfest question is

 

Seriously bad polling

  • Author

I like how loaded the Beinfest question is

 

Seriously bad polling

 

beinfest is excellent. i refuse to provide an option that criticizes him. yeah, jorge julio was a disaser. but he got it right with everybody else in the bullpen. and Admin hasn't made so many other bad decisions.

I like how loaded the Beinfest question is

 

Seriously bad polling

 

beinfest is excellent. i refuse to provide an option that criticizes him.

 

 

Well, you did. Mike Hill is going to win the poll. :thumbup

Beinfest isn't a bad GM, but you all really overrate him on this board.

Overrate him? I think he is underrated!

Not on MB.com.

That's because there is noone else to overrate.

  • Author

I like how loaded the Beinfest question is

 

Seriously bad polling

 

beinfest is excellent. i refuse to provide an option that criticizes him.

 

 

Well, you did. Mike Hill is going to win the poll. :thumbup

 

that doesn't criticize beinfest. it just highlights the supporting genius of mikey hill.

Beinfest isn't a bad GM, but you all really overrate him on this board.

Overrate him? I think he is underrated!

Not on MB.com.

I misread sorry.

I like how loaded the Beinfest question is

 

Seriously bad polling

 

beinfest is excellent. i refuse to provide an option that criticizes him.

 

 

Well, you did. Mike Hill is going to win the poll. :thumbup

 

that doesn't criticize beinfest. it just highlights the supporting genius of mikey hill.

we know the brains behind the operation :mischief

I think the marlins should stay put. This team has enough talent as is to content and should be better next year with another year of experience.

I'd be really disappointed with the deadline if we decide that we're "not" in it, and hang onto Kevin Gregg.

 

1) I don't think he's as good as he's shown (hence the regression, which I expect to be the norm, not the exception from here on in).

 

2) There are zero bullpen arms out there outside of Gagne, and even fewer who would have no say in their trade destination and could become set up men for contenders. Detroit, Philly and New York would pay obscenely in terms of prospects for a capable late inning arm.

 

I think we have to move Gregg.

I think we HAVE to move Justin Miller

 

I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Gregg though

I think we HAVE to move Justin Miller

 

I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Gregg though

Why move Miller? Do you think he's pitching over his head and will crash down?

I think we HAVE to move Justin Miller

 

I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Gregg though

Why move Miller? Do you think he's pitching over his head and will crash down?

He could be very valuable to teams in the chase. Trade him while his value is high. That's what I think Ramp was inferring.

I think we HAVE to move Justin Miller

 

I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Gregg though

Why move Miller? Do you think he's pitching over his head and will crash down?

He could be very valuable to teams in the chase. Trade him while his value is high. That's what I think Ramp was inferring.

That and yes he is pitching way over his head

Pointless to trade Olivo or Benetiz, chances of getting anything of real value back is slim to nill...I also have my suspicions about the FO's willingness to let Olivo go in the first place.

 

Gregg, Miller sure. Take calls on Mitre because besides May he has been mediocre. Too bad Boone is hurt but he should be ready to go by the waiver deadline.

I like how loaded the Beinfest question is

 

Seriously bad polling

beinfest is excellent. i refuse to provide an option that criticizes him. yeah, jorge julio was a disaser. but he got it right with everybody else in the bullpen. and Admin hasn't made so many other bad decisions.

Like I said, bad polling. You're stacking the deck in the question to produce a desired response.

I think we HAVE to move Justin Miller

 

I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Gregg though

 

I don't think his value is all that artificial.

 

1) That regression should have come by now, and his changeup is legit.

 

2) He's not a pending FA, so it's not like it would be a bad thing to just assume your best reliever can replicate his success.

 

That said, if Balentin or Maybin or God knows what is offered for Miller, you do it, but we don't HAVE to move him. Hell, even if he went to arbitration he'd be hard pressed to make over $1 million in the settlement as people don't pay for anything outside of saves in the absurd millions.

I think we HAVE to move Justin Miller

 

I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Gregg though

 

I don't think his value is all that artificial.

 

1) That regression should have come by now, and his changeup is legit.

 

2) He's not a pending FA, so it's not like it would be a bad thing to just assume your best reliever can replicate his success.

 

That said, if Balentin or Maybin or God knows what is offered for Miller, you do it, but we don't HAVE to move him. Hell, even if he went to arbitration he'd be hard pressed to make over $1 million in the settlement as people don't pay for anything outside of saves in the absurd millions.

If we said no to Balentin for Miller I'd lynch Beinfest.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.