Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mike Lowell 2007 WS MVP

Featured Replies

Don't worry South Florida. Lowell grew up in Miami, attended college in Miami, and spent the majority of his career in Miami.

 

BUT, his heart is already in Boston after two years.

I can't imagine how that would be possible with 'fans' who call him a 'roiding douchebag'.

 

:rolleyes:

I apprecriate what Mike did for us on roids but I call him a roiding douchebag for 2 main reasons:

 

1. He took roids

2. Taking roids makes you a douchebag, especially when you sign a huge contract and then come off the roids and suck

I apprecriate what Mike did for us on roids but I call him a roiding douchebag for 2 main reasons:

 

1. He took roids

2. Taking roids makes you a douchebag, especially when you sign a huge contract and then come off the roids and suck

I've never seen someone backup a point so well before. Did you take you all morning to form those two reasons? I would expect something a bit more substantial than I told you so type answers from you Bacca.

 

Are you basing this on the fact that he used anabolic steroids to come back from Cancer?

The hate for Lowell is ridiculous. Players aren't allowed to have a bad year? We all know he sucked for that ONE year, but the things he did for us the preceding years and the WS year will never be forgotten.

 

Lowell is a great guy, and a good baseball player who had one bad year. Not his fault for signing a nice contract and then being forced out of town. Well-deserved MVP.

The hate for Lowell is ridiculous. Players aren't allowed to have a bad year? We all know he sucked for that ONE year, but the things he did for us the preceding years and the WS year will never be forgotten.

 

Lowell is a great guy, and a good baseball player who had one bad year. Not his fault for signing a nice contract and then being forced out of town. Well-deserved MVP.

 

Since I hate Lowell too, here's why I hate him:

 

1) He publicly undermined the team in 2004. There was a Sun Sentinel article when he questioned the 2004 team saying it missed guys like Pudge and DLee.

 

2) Before 2005, he threatened to opt out of his deal and go to the Yankees unless the Marlins guaranteed the two option seasons (AKA the stadium seasons AKA the Beckett albatross years). Lowell's contract provided him an opt out after 2004, the Marlins had the right to void post-2005 if the option was not picked up at that time and there was no stadium. The Marlins did, Lowell came back, sucked balls (in the first year of steroid testing no less) and basically sh*t the bed in the most important season in the history of the Marlins. Playoffs in 2005 means no firesale, no firesale means new stadium.

 

3) During 2005 Lowell again undermined the team, this time with a public bitch-fest along with Pierre that basically attempted to oust Jack McKeon (Palm Beach Post article in June, I belive, maybe late May). The same McKeon who showed faith in that underperforming dirt-bag enough to keep playing him instead of bringing Cabrera to the infield and letting Conine play left.

 

Lowell's last year and a half here was definitely a "douche-worthy" performance. No question. Want to respect him for what he did? Fine, I do. Calling him a class act, furthest thing from the truth if you're an informed Marlins fan. No player that identifies with the organization as much as he did does the sh*t he pulled, and I'm not talking sucking, or probably 'roiding.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.