Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

College Football Discussion: The Bowls, BCS, National Championship

Featured Replies

No one deserves it this year. Give the Coach's Trophy to FIU.

 

It looks like it's the Capital One Bowl against Michigan for Florida. It shouldn't be too bad playing a team that lost to a DIAA school.

I'm praying that Indiana gets an invite to the Las Vegas Bowl, but I'll definitely take the Insight Bowl out in Tempe

I'm looking forward to covering a Hokie-Mountaineer Orange Bowl....those two hate each other.

I'm looking forward to covering a Hokie-Mountaineer Orange Bowl....those two hate each other.

 

Hmmm, that seems pretty fun, I might need to go to that game. Parking at Dolphins Stadium for a bowl game, for the loss?

  • Author

I'm praying that Indiana gets an invite to the Las Vegas Bowl, but I'll definitely take the Insight Bowl out in Tempe

Any chance you are going?

I'm looking forward to covering a Hokie-Mountaineer Orange Bowl....those two hate each other.

 

Hmmm, that seems pretty fun, I might need to go to that game. Parking at Dolphins Stadium for a bowl game, for the loss?

 

It's not a sellout? Aren't the BCS bowls like a lottery system like a Final 4?

I'm looking forward to covering a Hokie-Mountaineer Orange Bowl....those two hate each other.

 

Hmmm, that seems pretty fun, I might need to go to that game. Parking at Dolphins Stadium for a bowl game, for the loss?

 

It's not a sellout? Aren't the BCS bowls like a lottery system like a Final 4?

 

Yeah, but I can usually get tickets pretty easily through some connections to the OB.

I'm praying that Indiana gets an invite to the Las Vegas Bowl, but I'll definitely take the Insight Bowl out in Tempe

Any chance you are going?

if it's in either place, or the Champs Bowl in Orlando, I'm there for sure

 

if we go to the Motor City Bowl, I probably won't go

Most rumors still have FSU in Nashville against Kentucky. Orlando Sentinel says theres still a sliver of a chance we end up at the Champs Sports Bowl, which would be nice, so I could take off work a day and get to another FSU Bowl Game....

Lost amongst the shuffle yesterday was the fact that Superman pretty much locked up the Heisman :cool

Lost amongst the shuffle yesterday was the fact that Superman pretty much locked up the Heisman :cool

Another thing to think of:

 

If the offense actually played vs. Auburn

or

If Moore didn't fumble or the Gators stopped LSU at least once on 4th down

or

If Moore didn't fumble twice vs. Georgia

 

UF could be in the title game again vs. OSU as a 2 loss team. Yes it's pretty stupid to think about since anyone is in if they didn't lose, but it's something I noticed.

Lost amongst the shuffle yesterday was the fact that Superman pretty much locked up the Heisman :cool

 

You mean Paul Smith of Tulsa who has more total TD's then Tebow?

Lost amongst the shuffle yesterday was the fact that Superman pretty much locked up the Heisman :cool

McFadden?

 

It looks more likely then not that Illinois is headed to the Rose Bowl. I'll be pumped if that happens.

Lost amongst the shuffle yesterday was the fact that Superman pretty much locked up the Heisman :cool

 

You mean Paul Smith of Tulsa who has more total TD's then Tebow?

McFadden?

Colt Brennan

I'd love to think that....but there's no chance....I'm just hoping he gets invited to NY.

Lost amongst the shuffle yesterday was the fact that Superman pretty much locked up the Heisman :cool

Another thing to think of:

 

If the offense actually played vs. Auburn

or

If Moore didn't fumble or the Gators stopped LSU at least once on 4th down

or

If Moore didn't fumble twice vs. Georgia

 

UF could be in the title game again vs. OSU as a 2 loss team. Yes it's pretty stupid to think about since anyone is in if they didn't lose, but it's something I noticed.

 

There are too many what if's in sports, you could apply this to plenty of other teams (What if Dixon hadn't hurt himself? What if WVU had scored one more TD last night?) I don't like to dwell on the what if's, I'll just enjoy the Heisman trophy, a bowl win vs another Big 10 team, and our preseason #1 ranking going into next year.

Lost amongst the shuffle yesterday was the fact that Superman pretty much locked up the Heisman :cool

Another thing to think of:

 

If the offense actually played vs. Auburn

or

If Moore didn't fumble or the Gators stopped LSU at least once on 4th down

or

If Moore didn't fumble twice vs. Georgia

 

UF could be in the title game again vs. OSU as a 2 loss team. Yes it's pretty stupid to think about since anyone is in if they didn't lose, but it's something I noticed.

 

There are too many what if's in sports, you could apply this to plenty of other teams (What if Dixon hadn't hurt himself? What if WVU had scored one more TD last night?) I don't like to dwell on the what if's, I'll just enjoy the Heisman trophy, a bowl win vs another Big 10 team, and our preseason #1 ranking going into next year.

All I'm really trying to say is

 

I hate Keystahn Moore.

LSU jumped everyone in both polls.

Did I not tell you this would happen?

Well is there anything more impressive than a 7 point win over Tennessee? :|

LSU jumped everyone in both polls.

Did I not tell you this would happen?

Well is there anything more impressive than a 7 point win over Tennessee? :|

 

 

A 7 point win over Alabama?

Hawai'i got a first place vote in the coaches

 

yay?

 

so say Hawai'i beats UGA or whoever in whatever of the BCS bowl, split national title?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.