Sign in to follow this  
Hotcorner

Marlins sign Pudge Rodriguez!

Seriously the N.L. East may have just took the crown off the N.L. West as the most competitive division in the NL!

Once again CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!! Like I have experienced staying Loyal to your team will pay off! It just did for you!

His deal with Florida includes a no-trade clause and an agreement that the Marlins will not offer him salary arbitration after the season.

I am so confused about this. Does this mean no chance of signing after this season?

This is now:

A 4 TEAM RACE
:cool FISH FISH FISH

LETS GO FISH!!!

This is now:

A 4 TEAM RACE
:cool FISH FISH FISH

LETS GO FISH!!! :D :D :D :mischief :hat :w00t :mischief2 :lol :cool :D

The board is full of people!

Im still waiting for the other foot to fall. Im excited as hell right now, but where did this extra 10 million come from in a set budget? Is someone about to be traded?

Just saw the announcement on the local news. They cant believe it! I love this, if this is the whole deal and no one has to leave because of this, I dont think anything can show more than this how much they want to win now.

This is just baffling. I'm happy to see the money spent, but where does this money come from? An injury risk.... herniated disk & bad knees are not good for a catcher. What they should have done is pay him according to how many games he can play, or something like it.

His bat could be HUGE though. For once I'm happy they only signed someone to a 1-year deal. Pudge has a great bat, & should definately provide some run support from the catcher spot, which was a big question mark. Redmond can hit, but he is not an RBI guy. Castro may still develop, but that remains to be seen.

So will we go into the season with 3 catchers again or is there another move coming?

Where does this 10 million come from??????????????????????? Awfully strange way to spend that much....

Did Loria just sell a Picasso or something?