My Architecture Design 5 Work

JPierre75sbs

Oh I see why they're so small. You're misinformed. 1 foot is 12 inches. I'm surprised you don't know that as an architecture student.

lol youve got to be kidding me...

the scale is purposely small.

just like when youre looking at a map and stuff... ya kno?

1 inch = 32 ft. Not in real life... but in the drawings and models above.

kthx

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Oh I see why they're so small. You're misinformed. 1 foot is 12 inches. I'm surprised you don't know that as an architecture student.

Nope. I'm not kidding you. 1 foot is 12 inches. Here's a link to dictionary.com. Pay close attention to definition number 4. Perhaps you could become top of your class.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/foot

Nope. I'm not kidding you. 1 foot is 12 inches. Here's a link to dictionary.com. Pay close attention to definition number 4. Perhaps you could become top of your class.

:mischief

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Guest CrimsonCane

Cool stuff JPierre. From my POV, there's alot of harsh angles in the buildings. Am I supposed to be seeing some Frank Gehry in these works or am I just completely off?

Cool stuff JPierre. From my POV, there's alot of harsh angles in the buildings. Am I supposed to be seeing some Frank Gehry in these works or am I just completely off?

lol yea something like that. I was working with wind as my main concept (circulation, aerodynamics, cooling for ex), and we had to keep sustainability in mind... preserving materials, clean energy etc. so yea.. thats where some of the angular overheads came from.

I have some cool D3 and D4 stuff too, as well as my Paris sketches when I was studying over there if anybody is interested :mis2

Looks good.

I really like this

The color combination and harmony looks awesome. Do you lean more towards the technical or the artistic side of Architectural design?

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I keep kicking myself about that one, because I didn't include it in my final presentation :banghead :banghead I don't know why.

That was a picture I took of my 32 scale model and I played with it on photoshop to manipulate light and heating effects, so I can work w. my cooling concept.

The site on that one is located between a bluff (forest) and a prairie. the bottom part is the prarie (flat land w. vegetation).

As of now, where I'm exploring myself with design, I definitely lean more towards the artistic side of design. Going into design 6 I'm going to get more technical about it personally. I have to. Such as more rooms and stairs and final model and drawing quality. My professor this semester was extremely slack and she personally liked roughed up work.

I'm hoping to do somewhat the stuff I did here, but with one more step to it to make it more inhabitable. Something I thought was secondary to my work this past semester.

Did you design the beams to support the dead load?

i hate structures.

A scene from "A Few Good Structural Engineers"

Engineer (Jack Nicholson): You want answers?

Architect (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.

Eng: You want answers?

Arch: I want the Truth!

Eng: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has FLOORS. And those FLOORS have to be SUPPORTED BY COLUMNS. Who's gonna DESIGN THEM? You? You, MR. ARCHITECT? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for LOST FLOOR SPACE and you curse the COLUMNS. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know that THOSE COLUMNS, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.... you don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that DESIGN TEAM. You need me on that DESIGN TEAM. We use words like DESIGN, CODE, and ANALYSIS... we use these words as the backbone to a life spent SUPPORTING something. You use 'em as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain my DESIGN to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very STRUCTURES I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a STEEL MANUAL and DESIGN a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

Arch: Did you SCHEDULE THE COLUMNS?

Eng: (quietly) I did the job you HIRED me to do.

Arch: Did you SCHEDULE THE COLUMNS?

Eng: You're goddamn right I did!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.