Sentimental Apparel

Lefty

Everyone has that one (or more) 'favorite' article of clothing that they love to wear. I have an Emory tank top that my sister bought for me nine years ago that I literally wear around the house almost everyday at some point (when clean). I must have washed this thing over 300 times by now, and even though it's worn out, it still fits comfortably. It has seen me through the end of middle school, into high school, past boarding school, and now ending my last year of college. I don't know exactly 'what' it means or signifies to me, but it's definitely the only thing I've worn consistently for nearly a decade.

So, just curious if anyone else has a similar possession.

Guest Night Phantom

I have a couple, though nothing that I wear every day. I have special articles of clothing in each category I think.

One of my randomly favorite pieces of apparel is this black jacket that I have. I literally wear it every day that it's cold unless it's under 40, then it's sweater time. This thing stops blocks everything including the nastiest of winds.

I have a couple:

Klub Kid Orange County Parks and Recreation t-shirt from when I was in day camp around age 12. Probably the most pure fun I've had in my life. I wear it to the gym frequently and it's completely awesome.

March of Dimes t-shirt from 1995 that I wear quite often. It's just really soft and I like it a lot. Reminds me of when I was a little badass.

I have this retarded yellow fleece pullover that I got on sale at Kohl's for like $9. I wear that thing so much that my wife started calling it my woobie. I wear it as a night shirt when it's cold. I wear it as a work shirt around the house. I pack it for chilly nights of camping. I bring that sucker on the boat with me in case the temp drops. I wear it as an extra base layer when I go skiing. It's super comfortable and I don't really care what happens to it b/c it was so inexpensive but it is uber-utilitarian.

Come to think of it - I don't know if I'll ever be able to replace my woobie.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.