Huckabee's Theology Degree Lie

Tee Ball Bunt Machine

Here's the Link

If you've been following along the GOP race, you've probably heard Mike Huckabee tout the fact that he is the only GOP candidate with a Theology degree, suggesting that it would help him in dealing with the Islamofacsist threat and when answering the very relevant youtube debate question about believing in the Bible. So naturally, the media, when interviewing him, decided to tap that deep reservoir of religious knowledge and ask him a question about Mormonism. The rest has basically become history. Huckabee (IMHO) feigned ignorance while attempting to disguise a pretty standard anti-Mormon smear as an innocent question after saying that he "thinks it's a religion".

Turns out that to defend Huckabee's feigned ignorance his campaign is acknowledging that he doesn't have a theology degree, having dropped out of seminary after a year.

I'm not so sure he's a fascist so much as a religious fundamentalist theocrat who would erode the separation of church and state to the point where it would no longer exist.

I am going to assume you are being facetious, but it is a quote from a pulitzer prize winning book. The right wing in this country has historically been tied to religion. Furthermore, Hitler claimed to be a faithful Christian to his advantage.

I'm not so sure he's a fascist so much as a religious fundamentalist theocrat who would erode the separation of church and state to the point where it would no longer exist.

I am going to assume you are being facetious, but it is a quote from a pulitzer prize winning book. The right wing in this country has historically been tied to religion. Furthermore, Hitler claimed to be a faithful Christian to his advantage.

True. I just don't trust Huckabee anyway. On the one hand he's a good public speaker, but on the other he lies about a lot of things.

Unfortunately, considering how close it is to the Iowa caucuses, I don't think Huckabee can lose Iowa at this point.

True. I just don't trust Huckabee anyway. On the one hand he's a good public speaker, but on the other he lies about a lot of things.

Unfortunately, considering how close it is to the Iowa caucuses, I don't think Huckabee can lose Iowa at this point.

OT: It turns out that the quote is a popular misattributed quote, sort of like "beam me up, scotty."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.