Select-A-Seat Draws A Small Crowd for Marlins

Puma

Guest Night Phantom

It will be interesting to see how much ticket sales pick up once/if a stadium deal is finalized. I would imagine there are a lot of fans (and businesses) who are reluctant to make such a committment to a team that might not be here in a few years.

The above is what's holding me back from buying a 28 game package for next season.

100% agreed. Why invest in a team that doesn't invest in its players or community at the moment? However, if the stadium happens, at least you have a reason to go.

You really ARE David Samson, aren't you...

Are you suggesting that Samson is capable of rational thought?

I think it is fair to say one part of the equation towards building the fan base back up is the new stadium . The other is the ownership needs to start rebuilding the many bridges they have burned with in the community .

I still say a new owner needs to come in and take over. Loria is not well liked in these parts. :hairrollers

It will be interesting to see how much ticket sales pick up once/if a stadium deal is finalized. I would imagine there are a lot of fans (and businesses) who are reluctant to make such a committment to a team that might not be here in a few years.

The above is what's holding me back from buying a 28 game package for next season.

If they get a stadium deal done, I will buy a season ticket package again.

I can see alot of folks doing that. For a couple years at least. It will be the place to be seen. That's not being sarcastic, it's just what I see as the nature of the beast in South Florida.

However, there is a built in, not yet seen (okay, probably seen by most but definetly not being taken into account), excuse for not doing that. Ticket prices will rise significantly with the announcement of a new pond to play in (see the Mets announcement on their 20% increase for this coming year and the reasons). Season ticket prices didn't rise this year so it is inevitable they will next year. And the announcement only increases that amount.

Same with parking passes. Only probably on a larger percentage scale. Those passes didn't go up this coming year and yet day of game prices went up to $15 from $10. You can't possibly think parking is going to be in the same range with a parking garage and limited other parking. Can you? (not speaking to you specifically Lum it's an all encompassing "you")

It isn't much of a streatch of the imagination to forsee all these prices going up considerably. People are going to be getting a higher payrolled team and a new ball park to play in, just exactly what they have been screaming for. And then they are going to throw tantrums because they are going to have to personally pay more for that to happen.

If they get a stadium deal done, I will buy a season ticket package again.

I recommend holding off until shovel meets dirt. You just never know with the idiot that owns the Marlins.