Kerr plays practical joke on Grant Hill.

MikeLowell

Arizona Republic -

A fake news release was delivered Sunday to Suns' forward Grant Hill, who paused briefly on his first read of the headline.

It said, "Hill becomes the first NBA player named in Mitchell Report."

It was a practical joke by Kerr, but people might start grasping at such straws to explain Hill's season. All it took' Coach Mike D'Antoni's preseason All-Star optimism for him.

In November, Hill averaged 14.8 points, 2.9 assists and 0.5 blocks and shot 46.4 percent from the field and 30.8 percent on 3-pointers. In December, entering Sunday's game, Hill was averaging 17.6 points, 4.6 assists and 1.1 blocks with 56.6 percent shooting and 38.5 percent on 3-pointers.

"I'm more comfortable and getting more comfortable at both ends of the court," Hill said. "It's more instinctive. I'm developing that trust with teammates. I think it can get even better. December has been a lot better."

:notworthy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.