Marlins favor for when i'm in Afghanistan

Accord

As most of you heard on the news 3,200 U.S. Marines are deploying to Afghanistan in the coming weeks and most of you also know that I am one of those Marines going to the Ghan. I saw all the posts in the other thread thanking me for my service and all that good stuff, well i've got just one small request...

I'm going to be deployed for and miss the entire 2008 baseball season and i'm definitely not going to be sitting in a cushy tent where i'll be able to watch the Armed Forces Network and see weekly games or go on the internet or anything like that due to the nature of my job. So my one small request is could someone or a group of people from MB.com just cut out recaps from every Marlins game during the season from the Miami Herald or PBP or another local newspaper and mail the clippings of each game recap to me every couple weeks so I can still follow the Marlins?

If you live near a military base you'll be able to mail it for free but if not just stick the clippings of the envelope and 2 stamps should be enough and i'll be glad to send a check for whatever the cost of postage is.

Thanks

I"m not very computer literate so hopefully others here can step up and help keep you in the loop.

Stay safe and watch your ass. Your doing God's work and I really apprecaite you and every other member of the armed service who is putting their life in harm's way. I believe in my heart of hearts that this confilict is 1000% neccessary and it is important to take the fight to our enemies. God bless.

i will try send you that information please gave me your address so i can send it so you keep eye on marlins i hope you safe when you go oversea

The only problem is that I won't know what my mailing address is until I actually get over there in country, so i'll need to write down someone's address from on here to take with me and then I can mail them a letter letting them know what my address is.

Another route for you to think about, if you haven't already. When I was stationed overseas my folks had a subscription for me from our local newspaper. I believe it was Monday-Saturday only. Sometimes I wouldn't get a paper for a week or so, other times I would be bombarded with them. My tour was for more than a year and then I also extended, so it was nice to keep track of what was happening back home. I don't know what the regulations are for where you are going, but it may be something for you to look into.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.