Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best 3rd Basemen in the NL

Featured Replies

Yeah, he was on the best playoff team and everything :rolleyes:

 

Yeah, he's not even the best in the NL East with Cabs still on the Marlins and everything. :|

Braun - moving to OF

Zimmerman - obviously you're bitter about something, it's not even close

Braun - moving to OF

Zimmerman - obviously you're bitter about something, it's not even close

 

No, I'm just demonstrating that I too can spout useless information on a message board :thumbup

With Cabrera out of the NL, Wright is the best 3B in the league. Just accept it.

:thumbup

With Cabrera out of the NL, Wright is the best 3B in the league. Just accept it.

 

I accept and understand that... but the point is, why post it here? There is suddenly no news regarding the status of David Wright. This would be like me going to a Mets board (or any other board for that matter) and posting the articles of the Marlins knocking the Mets out of the playoffs.

 

There's no point, it doesn't provide any new information, doesn't provide humor, doesn't provide wit, it's pointless.

 

FWIW I happen to own one of these

 

Being from St. Lucie County, I'm familiar with the St. Lucie Mets, ergo their minor league system, and I've been a fan of Wright's for a long time...

 

However, I'm not a fan of random needling of Marlins fans for no productive use... *shrugs* sorry

I say we all go to a Mets message board and create a random topic about how much better of a hitter Hanley Ramirez is than Jose Reyes

  • Author

I say we all go to a Mets message board and create a random topic about how much better of a hitter Hanley Ramirez is than Jose Reyes

 

At least you wouldnt be making false claims like Cabrera is better then Wright.

I say we all go to a Mets message board and create a random topic about how much better of a hitter Hanley Ramirez is than Jose Reyes

 

Haha... sounds good to me.

I say we all go to a Mets message board and create a random topic about how much better of a hitter Hanley Ramirez is than Jose Reyes

 

At least you wouldnt be making false claims like Cabrera is better then Wright.

 

False claims?

 

Mets: Win World Series In 6 Games over The Cleveland Indians | Jose Reyes World Series MVP

Knicks: Curry-ZBo-Balkman-Q-Steph | Make a serious run in the 2008 NBA Playoffs

Jets: Penny-TJ-Cotch-Coles-Rhodes-Vilma | Young Up & Coming Team, 1st Round Playoff Upset

 

:mischief :lol :notworthy

I say we all go to a Mets message board and create a random topic about how much better of a hitter Hanley Ramirez is than Jose Reyes

 

At least you wouldnt be making false claims like Cabrera is better then Wright.

 

 

He is better. Not by much, but he is better. At the plate at least.

 

In the field, thats another story. Overall Wright is better, but Miguel is the better hitter

hmm..... I'm still inclined to think Cabrera should have started over Wright without question in the All Star game last year. If someone wants to bring up the numbers from last year at the end of the first half, it might be fun to compare (and yes, I'm not bias so go ahead and bring up those defensive numbers too)

 

I would bring them up myself, but you see I am incredibley lazy and I'm presently occupied with a strawberry shortcake :D

hmm..... I'm still inclined to think Cabrera should have started over Wright without question in the All Star game last year. If someone wants to bring up the numbers from last year at the end of the first half, it might be fun to compare (and yes, I'm not bias so go ahead and bring up those defensive numbers too)

 

I would bring them up myself, but you see I am incredibley lazy and I'm presently occupied with a strawberry shortcake :D

 

Pre All Star 2007 splits:

 

Cabrera .324 AVG, .393 OBP, 18 homers, 61 RBI's, 969 OPS

 

Wright: .292 AVG, .373 OBP, 16 homers, 51 RBI's. 879 OPS

And just for the heck of it, here's the pre all star 2007 splits for Hanley and Reyes

 

Reyes: .307 AVG, .387 OBP, 4 homers, 35 RBI's, 826 OPS, 46 steals

Ramirez: .331 AVG, .388 OBP, 14 homers, 35 RBI, 926 OPS, 27 steals

 

 

Notice Ramirez OPS'd 100 points higher than Reyes

And just for the heck of it, here's the pre all star 2007 splits for Hanley and Reyes

 

Reyes: .307 AVG, .387 OBP, 4 homers, 35 RBI's, 826 OPS, 46 steals

Ramirez: .331 AVG, .388 OBP, 14 homers, 35 RBI, 926 OPS, 27 steals

 

 

Notice Ramirez OPS'd 100 points higher than Reyes

 

can't believe Hanley didn't make the team with those numbers......you could argue he should have started over Reyes seeing as he topped him in every major offensive category except steals.

 

well done Mets fans, both Cabrera and Hanley....well done :notworthy

he was better last before according to everyone but this marlins forum.

What blind, illiterate people were those "everyone"?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.