Best 3rd Basemen in the NL

Starbrownies

With Cabrera out of the NL, Wright is the best 3B in the league. Just accept it.

I accept and understand that... but the point is, why post it here? There is suddenly no news regarding the status of David Wright. This would be like me going to a Mets board (or any other board for that matter) and posting the articles of the Marlins knocking the Mets out of the playoffs.

There's no point, it doesn't provide any new information, doesn't provide humor, doesn't provide wit, it's pointless.

FWIW I happen to own one of these

Being from St. Lucie County, I'm familiar with the St. Lucie Mets, ergo their minor league system, and I've been a fan of Wright's for a long time...

However, I'm not a fan of random needling of Marlins fans for no productive use... *shrugs* sorry

I say we all go to a Mets message board and create a random topic about how much better of a hitter Hanley Ramirez is than Jose Reyes

At least you wouldnt be making false claims like Cabrera is better then Wright.

False claims?

Mets: Win World Series In 6 Games over The Cleveland Indians | Jose Reyes World Series MVP

Knicks: Curry-ZBo-Balkman-Q-Steph | Make a serious run in the 2008 NBA Playoffs

Jets: Penny-TJ-Cotch-Coles-Rhodes-Vilma | Young Up & Coming Team, 1st Round Playoff Upset

:mischief :lol :notworthy

I say we all go to a Mets message board and create a random topic about how much better of a hitter Hanley Ramirez is than Jose Reyes

At least you wouldnt be making false claims like Cabrera is better then Wright.

He is better. Not by much, but he is better. At the plate at least.

In the field, thats another story. Overall Wright is better, but Miguel is the better hitter

hmm..... I'm still inclined to think Cabrera should have started over Wright without question in the All Star game last year. If someone wants to bring up the numbers from last year at the end of the first half, it might be fun to compare (and yes, I'm not bias so go ahead and bring up those defensive numbers too)

I would bring them up myself, but you see I am incredibley lazy and I'm presently occupied with a strawberry shortcake :D

hmm..... I'm still inclined to think Cabrera should have started over Wright without question in the All Star game last year. If someone wants to bring up the numbers from last year at the end of the first half, it might be fun to compare (and yes, I'm not bias so go ahead and bring up those defensive numbers too)

I would bring them up myself, but you see I am incredibley lazy and I'm presently occupied with a strawberry shortcake :D

Pre All Star 2007 splits:

Cabrera .324 AVG, .393 OBP, 18 homers, 61 RBI's, 969 OPS

Wright: .292 AVG, .373 OBP, 16 homers, 51 RBI's. 879 OPS

And just for the heck of it, here's the pre all star 2007 splits for Hanley and Reyes

Reyes: .307 AVG, .387 OBP, 4 homers, 35 RBI's, 826 OPS, 46 steals

Ramirez: .331 AVG, .388 OBP, 14 homers, 35 RBI, 926 OPS, 27 steals

Notice Ramirez OPS'd 100 points higher than Reyes

And just for the heck of it, here's the pre all star 2007 splits for Hanley and Reyes

Reyes: .307 AVG, .387 OBP, 4 homers, 35 RBI's, 826 OPS, 46 steals

Ramirez: .331 AVG, .388 OBP, 14 homers, 35 RBI, 926 OPS, 27 steals

Notice Ramirez OPS'd 100 points higher than Reyes

can't believe Hanley didn't make the team with those numbers......you could argue he should have started over Reyes seeing as he topped him in every major offensive category except steals.

well done Mets fans, both Cabrera and Hanley....well done :notworthy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.