Alex Gonzalez

Is he for real this year? I think yes , after all he is leading our team and the NL in homers(4) and is leading our team in Rbi(9) and is second in that category in the Nl. Also he is hitting on fire with .389 , 8 hits in his last 12 at bats. Hopefully he can keep this up for the rest of the year.

As some of us were saying before the season, I just wanted Alex to be healthy this season so he has a chance to play himself back into favor. He was playing dynamite defense last year before the injury, and his defense so far looks smooth as ever. I'm not sure how far this hitting will take him, but it'll be nice to watch! Confidence can be an incredible tool...

Traditionally shortstop has been a defensive position.

If you get Gold Glove defense and a .250 batting average, Alex has had a great year.

If the average is higher and/or with power....its a bonus.

We shall see at the end of the season who was right and who was wrong.

;)

We shall see at the end of the season who was right and who was wrong.

are you saying you thought he would have a good year?

so stop saying everyone is on his bandwagon now and stuff.... it's not like you were his biggest supporter :rolleyes:

did i not say that he was better than people expected.....

anyone who has followed these boards for a while now....

if they go back into their memories and look back....

will know that i have always thought more of alex than anyone else.....

yeah i know...my predictions of him were not that high....big deal...i dont think i gave anyone 'great' predictions.....that was the BAMA in me coming out in those predictions.

Remember I also stated that I do not make predictions on player's individual numbers....that was just to play your little game.

Das Texan = Alex Gonzalez supporter.

Check the annals of these forums.

I knew he wasn't going to have a bad start this season. He has been hot these first 4 games. He has hit 4 homers already and i think has about 8 RBI's. I hope he keeps this up and im sure he will have that season he had when he was a rooki and an all-star. Torborg must be so happy with him and the power he has provided for the Marlins.