March 5, 200818 yr Has anyone noticed that he hasn't played that much this spring...is it because of injury or what? Whenever he's been in the lineup he has produced so far so I was wondering why we haven't seen more of him.
March 5, 200818 yr Has anyone noticed that he hasn't played that much this spring...is it because of injury or what? Whenever he's been in the lineup he has produced so far so I was wondering why we haven't seen more of him. He's the starting first baseman and there are six or so guys the Marlins want to take a look at the position for one reason or the other and once cuts start you'll see Jake playing everyday (figuratively).
March 7, 200818 yr Since his body has broken down on him in one way or another the last two seasons, perhaps they just don't feel the need to trot him out much in ST.
March 7, 200818 yr First cuts are coming Saturday I believe. Also to some extent I'd dispute the notion his body has broken down on him. He's had two freak things happen. The ankle which Girardi ignored and a broken thumb. It isn't like he's had major injuries as we think of them - blown out knee and subsequent surgery for example - how you prevent something like what happened (??) last season I have no idea.
March 7, 200818 yr I've only made two games so far. He started both and hit an opposite field dinger in the ST Home Opener.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.