Little funny quote in PBP

That's the biggest advantage the NFL has over MLB. Far less kids at the games.

I'm sorry, but as someone who takes my kid to Marlins games (and BroncoBob can attest that EvenLittler SoFlaFish is very well behaved at games!), I'd prefer screaming kids at the stadium than dumb drunk rednecks wanting to pick a fight with anyone around them. There's a reason why I stopped going to Dolphins games - and I was reminded of that last season when I was given 7th row seats in the lower bowl, only to still have brawls break out in front of my son because of drunken rednecks trying to prove their miniscule manhood to everyone there.

+1, minus the whole "takes my kid to the games" stuff. I love seeing kids at the games, it's the stupid adults I despise.

Well.... at least you can punch the adults!

Drunk adults add to the excitement and experience of the game for me. The presence of children makes it feel more like daycare. Not saying they don't have a right to be there (they certainly do) but it annoys me to no end to have 6 year olds screaming every damn second for an autograph from a player whose name they don't even know.

I've been told that you need to have kids in order to appreciate them. I'm hoping my life never leads to that.

It really really depends on the kids... sure the majority are gonna be loud and restless (my sister was like that, and that's why my mom only took her to 2 games ever)...

But then it's really really cool to see the kids that are into it. IMO that's probably cooler than anything else, seeing a kid rattle off stats about a player or talk about why "so-and-so" is their favorite player.

My wife and I love seeing kids at the games. It's one of the things that makes MLB so great. Saturdays and Sundays are great experiences because of the kiddies with all the pre game and after game things going on. And very rarely have we ever seen a family with an unrulely child that actually stayed in their seats. And the look on a child's face when you hand them a ball is priceless. I'll take families over drunken, foul mouthed idiots that are looking for fights any day.

That said, those big groups of kids can be annoying. There is no way the chaperones can control that many individuals for an entire game. It's no ones fault, it's just the way it is. The way around it is knowing when those days are going to be and then just trade in your tix for a more "adult section." It's not fair to not want the kids groups to have a good time so we are mature enough to know what we have to do in order for them and us to enjoy the games. Kids are the future of any franchise. Let them have their fun. Those large groups don't happen very often and you have to realize they are just being kids and having a great time with a bunch their own ages. Either adjust, or don't go. We prefer to adjust.