Little funny quote in PBP

That attendance figure is pretty anemic, but I doubt we'd get 8,400 here to watch us play the Pirates.

April 4 vs. Pirates: 10,089

April 5 vs. Pirates: 15,752

April 6 vs. Pirates: 10,431

...and in 2007 there was...

June 26 vs. Pirates: 11,044

June 27 vs. Pirates: 11,222

June 28 vs. Pirates: 31,628

Hmm, it looks we got more than 8,400 here to watch us play the Pirates in 2007 and 2008.

(Source: ESPN.com)

The Pirates are pretty much the prime example for anyone to argue why building a brand new stadium to a generally loathed/cheap front ownership group will not magically increase fan attendance at games.

You have to contend too. If you make the playoff, they will come during the next season.

The Pirates are pretty much the prime example for anyone to argue why building a brand new stadium to a generally loathed/cheap front ownership group will not magically increase fan attendance at games.

The Pirates had average attendance over 30k in PNC Park's first year, and over 23k in it's second year. Building a new stadium absolutely increases fan attendance at games, especially considering the Pirates have sucked every year since 1992.

That attendance figure is pretty anemic, but I doubt we'd get 8,400 here to watch us play the Pirates.

Hmm, it looks we got more than 8,400 here to watch us play the Pirates in 2007 and 2008.

April 4th, 5th, and 6th were weekend games (Fri, Sat, Sun). Yesterday was a monday. You kinda have to give them leeway because if it were a Monday night here in Miami, there would probably be 8400 as well.

April 4th, 5th, and 6th were weekend games (Fri, Sat, Sun). Yesterday was a monday. You kinda have to give them leeway because if it were a Monday night here in Miami, there would probably be 8400 as well.

Yeah, but the 2007 games I listed were Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday games!

june 28, 2007?

can somebody elaborate?

and that quote is great

I was at that game as well. I was annoyed by a Mets fan that was one of the camp leaders from the group near us. He kept making the kids cheer for Nady.

Haha, I think I was by you.

We were also there. I don't remember the Mets fan thing, but I do remember all the little kiddies. I truely enjoy watching the kids have a good time at the games, but when they are en masse like that it just reminds me why I like my dogs.

I prefer going to a game with only 20 other fans in the stands rather than 25,000 screaming children. My god those kids are annoying.

I despise children. Annoying as hell and they never shut up.

That's the biggest advantage the NFL has over MLB. Far less kids at the games.

I'm sorry, but as someone who takes my kid to Marlins games (and BroncoBob can attest that EvenLittler SoFlaFish is very well behaved at games!), I'd prefer screaming kids at the stadium than dumb drunk rednecks wanting to pick a fight with anyone around them. There's a reason why I stopped going to Dolphins games - and I was reminded of that last season when I was given 7th row seats in the lower bowl, only to still have brawls break out in front of my son because of drunken rednecks trying to prove their miniscule manhood to everyone there.

I'm sorry, but as someone who takes my kid to Marlins games (and BroncoBob can attest that EvenLittler SoFlaFish is very well behaved at games!), I'd prefer screaming kids at the stadium than dumb drunk rednecks wanting to pick a fight with anyone around them. There's a reason why I stopped going to Dolphins games - and I was reminded of that last season when I was given 7th row seats in the lower bowl, only to still have brawls break out in front of my son because of drunken rednecks trying to prove their miniscule manhood to everyone there.

+1, minus the whole "takes my kid to the games" stuff. I love seeing kids at the games, it's the stupid adults I despise.