Who thinks the Conine and Ugie trades were bad now

flasportsfan88

Conine and urbina came up big now didnt they, they marlins wouldnt have been were they are right now without those trades, and sorry to say it, if lowell never went down. Beinfest made the best mid season trade of the year (Urbina) and the best deadline (Niner). Thank Loria for this, henry or "The H Word" wouldnt have stuck with the fish.

well it's easy to look at them in retrospect & say they were great... to be fair to the detractors, they did give up a lot.

I was in favor of both of them though, even knowing what we lost. Because what good is a deep talented minor league system if you can't take advantage of it sometimes? Sure you want all your prospects to play for your team forever, but they also are used to build your team in other ways, as we saw here.

I have no problem in throwing everything you have at trying to build a team up for a playoff run, because like the saying goes, while prospects are hit-or-miss.....

Championship Banners fly forever.

Hi all. Oriole fan checking in. Congratulations on your victory! Gotta love seeing Steinbum and the Yankmees getting beat, especially at home!!! :w00t

I'm really happy for Niner! A class player thru and thru. Glad he helped as much as he did. He was a big part of what pushed you over the top. You're right tho, he did come at a big price. We're ever so glad to have Bautista! :p

btw, it's nice you guys found a way to use Helling effectively. He was WORTHLESS for us. On our board he is referred to as "Shelling."