Jorge Cantu deserves to be an All-Star

If you really look at the stats, Jorge deserves to be there. In years past there has been as many as 4 3B on the all-star team. His stats are comparable to just about any 3B in the league. Right now the vote leader is Chipper Jones, and obviosly he deserves it. Though after Chipper it is very close stats wise. After Chipper here are the 5 best guys stats wise:

Jorge Cantu

David Wright

Aramis Ramirez

Garrett Atkins

Mark Renyolds

Cantu has a better average than Wright and more homers than all of the 4 players above. Aramis Ramirez his toughest competitor has only 9 homers. Cantu (39 RBI) is very close to all of his competitors: Ramirez (43), Renyolds (40), Wright (47), Atkins (35). Cantu is neck and neck with Ramirez in average: Cantu (.296), Ramirez (.299). Chipper will definently be there, and Ramirez and Wright are the toughest guys vs. Cantu. All 3 are very close in all stats. I really think Cantu deserves consideration, and maybe can be the guy that we vote for after the rosters are anounced as the last man.

Chipper is the obvious #1, Aramis is easily #2 (.299/.416/.507), and Wright has a clear edge at #3.

I seriously doubt Cantu will make the team. I guess if they carry 4 3B then he has an outside shot. Even at #4, Garrett Atkins may be having a better year.

We'll see where Cantu is statistically in a month.

Cantu is having an all-star caliber year at the plate, no doubt about it. I just have a hard time believing that he will be picked and I'm not sure if he deserves it any more than the other close competitors. Either way, I'm glad to see Cantu having his best year at the plate since that year in TB.

Cantu's not going to make it. They don't LOOK for defense...but you don't have to LOOK to know how horrendous Cantu has been playing at third-base. It's a well-known fact that he can't field. He makes Cabrera look like Brooks Robinson.

Offensive numbers are close, but no cigar. A-Ram has the better numbers right now, so he'd get the #2 slot for 3B. Wright is a Met, which means he is overrated...and will most likely get the edge over Jorge Cantu (who?).

He might just get in because of his bat. The next few weeks are crucial. There will be a DH this year since it is in Yankee stadium. I have been voting for him on by ballots anyhow.

You bring out a great point, i think Cantu has a much better chance of making the All-Star team as a DH than a 3B.

Cantu would be a great story at the allstar game...

sort of like uggla was in his rookie year back in 2006 being the first rule-5 allstar to make it that year...as we all know

but he wouldnt ever play more then one ab maybe as a DH so he might be perfect for this allstar game since its at yankee stadium we have a DH so no one has to worry about his defence and people could put him at 2nd or 3rd what ever hurdel wants to do.

Cantu's not going to make it. They don't LOOK for defense...but you don't have to LOOK to know how horrendous Cantu has been playing at third-base. It's a well-known fact that he can't field. He makes Cabrera look like Brooks Robinson.

Offensive numbers are close, but no cigar. A-Ram has the better numbers right now, so he'd get the #2 slot for 3B. Wright is a Met, which means he is overrated...and will most likely get the edge over Jorge Cantu (who?).

He makes Cabrera look like, well Cabrera-nothing else. Heck, there are some balls Jorge gets to that he just happens to throw into the stands while Miggy would just stand there and watch the ball go by him into the outfield. While not an error, sure has the same result.

He makes Cabrera look like, well Cabrera-nothing else. Heck, there are some balls Jorge gets to that he just happens to throw into the stands while Miggy would just stand there and watch the ball go by him into the outfield. While not an error, sure has the same result.

yea i dont see why people complain about cantus defence so much

if the last 2 years we had cabrera at third and cabreras fielding % earlier this year at third is .900 that is absoutly bad.

LOL I was gonna say he makes Miggy look like a statue. At least Cantu makes the effort and alot of times some very nice plays. Thursday game is proof of that. Miggy had the idea that if he didn't try for the ball he wouldn't get an error for it. That did help his less than dismal defensive stats.