July 15, 200818 yr Robert Andino, D+. I forget he's on the team all the time. He gets nearly no playing time, and doesn't do well when he gets it. Outside one awesome walkoff homer on the 2nd day of the season, he's been useless. He really should be in AAA getting his at bats. Whoa...I disagree there. Andino's come up with some big hits for us. Also, he's showed nice range...very nice glove. You couldn't really expect much more out of him, especially with the limited AB's / playing time he gets. He's been a solid bench player. I think he's worthy of a C, at least. C is average. He's hitting .193, .071 as a pinch hitter. I don't need a bench player who can't pinch hit. His OPS plus is 50. That means it's 50 points less than the average player. D+ because he has a couple big hits in 95 games.
July 15, 200818 yr Robert Andino, D+. I forget he's on the team all the time. He gets nearly no playing time, and doesn't do well when he gets it. Outside one awesome walkoff homer on the 2nd day of the season, he's been useless. He really should be in AAA getting his at bats. Whoa...I disagree there. Andino's come up with some big hits for us. Also, he's showed nice range...very nice glove. You couldn't really expect much more out of him, especially with the limited AB's / playing time he gets. He's been a solid bench player. I think he's worthy of a C, at least. Agreed, he has a C value nothing less nothing more, he came up and helped us to some degree during Mr. Uggla's absence. ok, ok, maybe a C- lol
July 15, 200818 yr Robert Andino, D+. I forget he's on the team all the time. He gets nearly no playing time, and doesn't do well when he gets it. Outside one awesome walkoff homer on the 2nd day of the season, he's been useless. He really should be in AAA getting his at bats. Whoa...I disagree there. Andino's come up with some big hits for us. Also, he's showed nice range...very nice glove. You couldn't really expect much more out of him, especially with the limited AB's / playing time he gets. He's been a solid bench player. I think he's worthy of a C, at least. C is average. He's hitting .193, .071 as a pinch hitter. I don't need a bench player who can't pinch hit. His OPS plus is 50. That means it's 50 points less than the average player. D+ because he has a couple big hits in 95 games. Stats mean a little less when you don't really have a role on the team. Gonzo KNOWS he'll be called to pinch-hit. Helms KNOWS he'll be called to pinch-hit. Andino is like an Amezaga, yet Amezaga, of course, gets more playing time. Hard to stay consistent when playing time isn't consistent. When he's put in, he always makes a smart play...makes the plays he's supposed to make, and he's come up with some clutch hits. He's the 25th guy on the roster, basically.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.