September 10, 200818 yr I only got to see th end of the game what happened to volstad, tell me he just took a liner off the lg or something not his arm was bothering him.
September 10, 200818 yr I only got to see th end of the game what happened to volstad, tell me he just took a liner off the lg or something not his arm was bothering him. Correct - he took one off the leg. He finished the inning and told Fredi he wanted to continue pitching but Fredi was having none of it and took himout the game just to be safe. I read that he has a big bruise on his shin, however he is confident of making his next start against the Astros.
September 10, 200818 yr Wouldn't De La Cruz get the win? He was the one who got thru the 5th inning...with a lead. Miller and Gregg got a hold...no? :banghead lol I'm pretty sure that's sarcasm. I hope. Technically...De La Cruz qualifies for a win. He got the last out of the 5th inning...and the Marlins had the lead. What Kevin Gregg, technically, did...was get a hold. He entered the 7th with a 2 run lead...and held it there. That's, basically, how middle relievers get their "holds." Ah well...who cares? The Marlins won. :thumbup My point with that statement was that it isn't who gets "through the 5th inning" automatically gets the win. That only goes for the starter making it through five. De La Cruz didn't deserve a win. He had a huge lead and almost let it slip away. Kevin Gregg came in and shut down the phillies offense for that inning. And if I remember correctly, he got Utley, and struck out Howard. That could have been a big turning point in the game if he had not gotten through it. Andrew Miller also should have gotten notice since he came into an inning in which I believe there was runners on and he also got out of it. But if I remember correctly he only faced one batter and got the third out. Anyway, who cares. The Marlins won. Now if only that could have been the end to all the arguments on here for the past month. (Who cares, the Marlins won.) :banghead
September 10, 200818 yr Wouldn't De La Cruz get the win? He was the one who got thru the 5th inning...with a lead. Miller and Gregg got a hold...no? :banghead lol I'm pretty sure that's sarcasm. I hope. Technically...De La Cruz qualifies for a win. He got the last out of the 5th inning...and the Marlins had the lead. What Kevin Gregg, technically, did...was get a hold. He entered the 7th with a 2 run lead...and held it there. That's, basically, how middle relievers get their "holds." Ah well...who cares? The Marlins won. :thumbup My point with that statement was that it isn't who gets "through the 5th inning" automatically gets the win. That only goes for the starter making it through five. De La Cruz didn't deserve a win. He had a huge lead and almost let it slip away. Kevin Gregg came in and shut down the phillies offense for that inning. And if I remember correctly, he got Utley, and struck out Howard. That could have been a big turning point in the game if he had not gotten through it. Andrew Miller also should have gotten notice since he came into an inning in which I believe there was runners on and he also got out of it. But if I remember correctly he only faced one batter and got the third out. Anyway, who cares. The Marlins won. Now if only that could have been the end to all the arguments on here for the past month. (Who cares, the Marlins won.) :banghead That's about right. There is no rule about who should get the win if the SP doesn't go 5. It's purely up to the scorers discretion and has nothing to do with who is there for the 5th.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.