Offseason Thread?

CleeShay

Was directed here by a Marlins fan on another forum. I quickly glanced through the first few pages and did not see this thread already, so if there is one my apologies.

I figured we could use this thread to discuss various offseason moves, rather than having to bounce around from thread to thread. This could include (but not be limited to):

• Releases
  • Acquisitions
  • Trades
  • Rumors
  • Anything else involving the team

I completely enjoyed the end of this year and can't wait until April.

I guess first we could discuss potential losses due to arbitration. Who will we deal or let walk? Jacobs? Hermida? Gregg? Anyone else? what are your thoughts?

Welcome to the board! FWIW, I've never been a fan of 'official threads', especially for something as broad as the offseason. Just too much stuff going on during the offseason to classify what should go inside this thread, and then if we start getting mod heavy and moving everything into this thread, people miss out on news.

It's hard for instance for people who maybe only visit this board once a week or so, they don't know what page in this mammoth 56 page thread they left off on. It makes it hard to just jump in on the conversation. An example would be Realgm.com; they do this on the Miami Heat board, and while they have some great members and conversation, I've often been frustrated that everything and anything you could want to discuss about the Heat is inside an 'official' thread.

Hope that made sense and again, welcome!

Welcome to the board! FWIW, I've never been a fan of 'official threads', especially for something as broad as the offseason. Just too much stuff going on during the offseason to classify what should go inside this thread, and then if we start getting mod heavy and moving everything into this thread, people miss out on news.

It's hard for instance for people who maybe only visit this board once a week or so, they don't know what page in this mammoth 56 page thread they left off on. It makes it hard to just jump in on the conversation. An example would be Realgm.com; they do this on the Miami Heat board, and while they have some great members and conversation, I've often been frustrated that everything and anything you could want to discuss about the Heat is inside an 'official' thread.

Hope that made sense and again, welcome!

Agreed, we're not going to do this. I understand the thinking but it's not practical.

Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy it.