College Football Thread - Week 6

Orlando Rays

Heeeeeere, kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty... :mischief

AP Poll Top 25 as of September 28, 2008 (first-place votes)

1. Oklahoma (43) 4-0 1,599

2. Alabama (21) 5-0 1,565

3. LSU 4-0 1,466

4. Missouri (1) 4-0 1,453

5. Texas 4-0 1,362

6. Penn State 5-0 1,252

7. Texas Tech 4-0 1,105

8. Brigham Young 4-0 1,098

9. USC 2-1 1,087

10. South Florida 5-0 1,035

11. Georgia 4-1 1,018

12. Florida 3-1 914

13. Auburn 4-1 860

14. Ohio State 4-1 829

15. Utah 5-0 713

16. Kansas 3-1 650

17. Boise State 3-0 549

18. Wisconsin 3-1 520

19. Vanderbilt 4-0 459

20. Virginia Tech 4-1 290

21. Oklahoma State 4-0 277

22. Fresno State 3-1 232

23. Oregon 4-1 199

24. Connecticut 5-0 126

25. Wake Forest 3-1 107

Other Florida schools getting votes: FSU 14

Coming off the Top 25: Clemson, Illinois, East Carolina, TCU (losers :mischief )

Results for Florida teams:

#4 Florida (3-1) lost to Ole Miss (3-2), 31-30

#13 South Florida (5-0) beat North Carolina State (2-3), 41-10

Miami (2-2) lost to North Carolina (3-1), 28-24

FSU (3-1) beat Colorado (3-1), 39-21

UCF (1-3) lost to UTEP (1-3), 58-13

FAU (1-3) had a bye

FIU (1-3) beat Toledo (1-3), 35-16

Bethune-Cookman (3-1) beat Norfolk State (2-3), 33-17

FAMU (3-1) beat Tennessee State (4-1), 28-21

Jacksonville (2-3) lost to Davidson (2-1), 38-35

Schedule for Florida teams:

#10 South Florida vs. Pittsburgh (3-1), Thursday 10/2 @ 7:30pm

#12 Florida @ Arkansas (2-2), Saturday 10/4 @ 12:30pm

FSU @ Miami, Saturday 10/4 @ 3:30pm

UCF vs. Southern Methodist (1-4), Saturday 10/4 @ 3:30pm

FAU @ Middle Tennessee (1-3), Tuesday 9/30 @ 8:00pm

FIU @ North Texas (0-4), Saturday 10/4 @ 7:00pm

Bethune-Cookman @ Morgan State (2-2), Saturday 10/4 @ 4:00pm

FAMU vs. South Carolina State (3-2), Saturday 10/4 @ 6:00pm

Jacksonville has a bye

I have this odd feeling that if USF and UF both win... somehow UF will jump us

don't agree with you there, even though USF really has yet to play anyone but Kansas this year, I will give them props.

It's not really that I believe it... it's just that I'm always jaded by the ranking process... if you're curious, at all, why, look at Texas Tech's schedule and compare it to their ranking

What a finish in that FAU game, MTSU won on a last second heave to the end zone. FAU played a horrible game, MTSU played a worse one, how they won it, I have no clue.

Can we not talk about last night, please!! It was a horrendous loss...probably the worst in FAU football history. That was the most heartbreaking football game I have watched since that Dolphins/Jets Monday night game a few years back.

Next week against Troy is our season. If we can recover and win that game, we are back in the conference hunt.

With that said, I am going to try and erase last night from my memory...

What a finish in that FAU game, MTSU won on a last second heave to the end zone. FAU played a horrible game, MTSU played a worse one, how they won it, I have no clue.

Can we not talk about last night, please!! It was a horrendous loss...probably the worst in FAU football history. That was the most heartbreaking football game I have watched since that Dolphins/Jets Monday night game a few years back.

Next week against Troy is our season. If we can recover and win that game, we are back in the conference hunt.

Well i think FAU's 52-6 loss to FIU in 05 was the worst loss in team history, but this is a close second ;) ...Good Luck against Troy

Well i think FAU's 52-6 loss to FIU in 05 was the worst loss in team history, but this is a close second ;) ...Good Luck against Troy

That's what I was thinking.

That FIU loss was bad, although not unexpected. We were a team of freshman and sophomores that year against an FIU team full of seniors. Plus that game was over early. I can handle a loss where my team is overmatched or simply outplayed. Niether was the case yesterday. To lose a game we controlled for 59 minutes on a hail mary was waaaay more painful to watch then the FIU game.

Besides, thanks to Don Strock and his NCAA violations, that game technically never happened! :D

Just got back from the game! GO NOLES!

u must be soaking wet

Don't even ask. I was at the stadium since noon tailgating. At about one, when it started to rain hard, I had to eat and drink in my car since I didn't have a tent. The rain stopped shortly after the game started, but then started to pour in the third quarter. I stayed until the end though. Great game.