Classic NFL photos

louiecastillo1

Those pics bring back some awesome memories of my youth when the Dolphins were the only game in town. I had some of those pics of Csonka and Griese on my wall. The players were so accessible then. Miami was a much smaller town and you could run in to them at local bar in Miami Springs or a 7-eleven in the Grove. Very cool.

Those pics bring back some awesome memories of my youth when the Dolphins were the only game in town. I had some of those pics of Csonka and Griese on my wall. The players were so accessible then. Miami was a much smaller town and you could run in to them at local bar in Miami Springs or a 7-eleven in the Grove. Very cool.

It was the same way everywhere... my mom went to school with Mean Joe Greene's son, she did a charity walk with Jack Ham, she met Rocky Bleier... such a cool era to be a sports fan

It was the same way everywhere... my mom went to school with Mean Joe Greene's son, she did a charity walk with Jack Ham, she met Rocky Bleier... such a cool era to be a sports fan

My uncle saw Mean Joe Greene at a mall when the Steelers were in town for the Super Bowl and he told him "Go away, kid. I don't want anybody to notice me."

My uncle saw Mean Joe Greene at a mall when the Steelers were in town for the Super Bowl and he told him "Go away, kid. I don't want anybody to notice me."

Should have offered him a coke.

THANKS MEAN JOE!

So that's why they call him Mean Joe Green!

Shocking huh?

I said she went to school with his SON... heck, his son'd tell you he's a mean SOB. As the madre told me once, his kid forgot his lunch money and wouldn't call home to ask, so she ended up lending it to him.

Also, yes, Rabb's right, you should have offered him a coke... then he could have smashed your uncle's head with it, because that's probably been done to him a million times :p

That commercial would have been a lot funnier if he would have given the kid a dirty jockstrap instead of his jersey.

I said she went to school with his SON

And? No one said otherwise. :whistle

your post cast a legend in a negative light, I responded with the ferocity of one thousand bad pierogies!

Shocking huh?

I said she went to school with his SON... heck, his son'd tell you he's a mean SOB. As the madre told me once, his kid forgot his lunch money and wouldn't call home to ask, so she ended up lending it to him.

Also, yes, Rabb's right, you should have offered him a coke... then he could have smashed your uncle's head with it, because that's probably been done to him a million times :p

Well, if you are going to get all smartassy about it, the commercial was aired in 9/1/79 and he was down here for the Superbowl, which took place on 1/21/79. So that would have been BEFORE the commercial. He would have been the 1. SO THERE.

Shocking huh?

Well, if you are going to get all smartassy about it, the commercial was aired in 9/1/79 and he was down here for the Superbowl, which took place on 1/21/79. So that would have been BEFORE the commercial. He would have been the 1. SO THERE.

I think he told me it was during Super Bowl 10 (1976) so it was 3 years before.

Shocking huh?

I think he told me it was during Super Bowl 10 (1976) so it was 3 years before.

Well...THERE! F**K YOU PITCHINGWINSLAAAAAAMES!