20/20

The_Godfather

I didn't catch it. Which video on the site are you referring to?

John Stossel kinda grates on me. Sometimes the topics are decent, but then he does his stupid over-the-top "GIVE ME A BREAK!" shtick. Like he's the first person to ever discover these things.

I guess it was just another one of those common sense type things he does do often, but basically it was all about how the President can't do anything for our lives, government is way too big; charity and people acting on their own accord is much more effective for people in need and large bureaucracies just get in the way instead of helping, and the people in Washington, including down to congress, have a stranglehold on their power, and laws like campaign finance reform makes it harder for anybody to break their power.

It also tackled the bailout bill, and how some people (like Obama?) are making the claim that we didn't have enough regulation in the markets and that's what caused it, when in fact we already have plenty (too much) of regulation. The problem is government (Both Clinton and Bush) deciding that people who can't afford homes should still be able to buy one.

It was a very pro libertarian piece, and nice to see after having to constantly hear stupid stuff from the media like them saying over and over that McCain or Obama are going to be running our country, and they don't have stop to think of how horrible/ridiculous that phrase really is.

It is also prominently featured Walter Williams, which I enjoyed.

I didn't catch it. Which video on the site are you referring to?

John Stossel kinda grates on me. Sometimes the topics are decent, but then he does his stupid over-the-top "GIVE ME A BREAK!" shtick. Like he's the first person to ever discover these things.

You can say it's silly to act like he's the first person to discover these things, but lets face it - if people really understood what was happening, the magnitude and significance of it all, you would think people would do something about it. Instead we get the same cast of characters elected all the time, doing the exact same thing. I for one found it really funny when they lady said how it was a simple process and Stossell handed her that huge text-book of an application. Nevermind the depths of the ignorance of many likely voters.

I do wish more people watched his stuff, and really gave it enough thought to follow it to the logical conclusion.