Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I can't believe It's been a year...

Featured Replies

I'm over it. I was more saddened about Willis than Miggie, to be honest. Not because I thought that he was better, but because I always felt Dontrelle would love to play here for the rest of his career and that Miggie would have left the first chance he got. It's similar to how I felt about Beckett.

 

Yeah but as Dontrelle looked more and more like a subpar pitcher than an ace, I questioned whether or not I wanted him here for his career. As long as Dontrelle was here, his popular name was going to excuse poor performance on the field. It was best for the organization to part ways for him, and he went to an organization that wasn't handcuffed from holding him accountable for poor performance, resulting in his being shipped to the minors. We never could have done that here.

I'm over it. I was more saddened about Willis than Miggie, to be honest. Not because I thought that he was better, but because I always felt Dontrelle would love to play here for the rest of his career and that Miggie would have left the first chance he got. It's similar to how I felt about Beckett.

 

Yeah but as Dontrelle looked more and more like a subpar pitcher than an ace, I questioned whether or not I wanted him here for his career. As long as Dontrelle was here, his popular name was going to excuse poor performance on the field. It was best for the organization to part ways for him, and he went to an organization that wasn't handcuffed from holding him accountable for poor performance, resulting in his being shipped to the minors. We never could have done that here.

He didn't have to be our ace. With 12 pitchers on a team, he could have had a place here. And this was before his big implosion. At the time of his trade, he still looked like he was good enough to be part of our rotation.

He didn't have to be our ace. With 12 pitchers on a team, he could have had a place here. And this was before his big implosion. At the time of his trade, he still looked like he was good enough to be part of our rotation.

 

He was perhaps "good enough." It's just that he had been deteriorating steadily since his stellar season in 2005 and I think there was going to come a time, just like in Detroit, where he wasn't good enough any longer.

 

I've seen some mechanical analysis of D-train, and while his unique motion was never really considered mechanically perfect, his mechanics had essentially eroded and he was lacking any sort of consistency in his delivery.

 

His weird delivery always screamed "flash-in-the-pan" while Beckett's stuff always seemed like it would lead to consistent above-average, if not necessarily stellar, performances.

He didn't have to be our ace. With 12 pitchers on a team, he could have had a place here. And this was before his big implosion. At the time of his trade, he still looked like he was good enough to be part of our rotation.

 

He was perhaps "good enough." It's just that he had been deteriorating steadily since his stellar season in 2005 and I think there was going to come a time, just like in Detroit, where he wasn't good enough any longer.

 

I've seen some mechanical analysis of D-train, and while his unique motion was never really considered mechanically perfect, his mechanics had essentially eroded and he was lacking any sort of consistency in his delivery.

 

His weird delivery always screamed "flash-in-the-pan" while Beckett's stuff always seemed like it would lead to consistent above-average, if not necessarily stellar, performances.

I'm not really comparing him to Beckett. I was talking more emotional than statistical.

 

Plus, Beckett is another guy that was never going to stay here. He always seemed to bigtime for us.

He didn't have to be our ace. With 12 pitchers on a team, he could have had a place here. And this was before his big implosion. At the time of his trade, he still looked like he was good enough to be part of our rotation.

 

He was perhaps "good enough." It's just that he had been deteriorating steadily since his stellar season in 2005 and I think there was going to come a time, just like in Detroit, where he wasn't good enough any longer.

 

I've seen some mechanical analysis of D-train, and while his unique motion was never really considered mechanically perfect, his mechanics had essentially eroded and he was lacking any sort of consistency in his delivery.

 

His weird delivery always screamed "flash-in-the-pan" while Beckett's stuff always seemed like it would lead to consistent above-average, if not necessarily stellar, performances.

I'm not really comparing him to Beckett. I was talking more emotional than statistical.

 

Plus, Beckett is another guy that was never going to stay here. He always seemed to bigtime for us.

 

Good players are always going to be too bigtime for us until we start actually paying them. And I'm not even talking about superstar contracts either. We refuse to take any of our players to arbitration these days.

He didn't have to be our ace. With 12 pitchers on a team, he could have had a place here. And this was before his big implosion. At the time of his trade, he still looked like he was good enough to be part of our rotation.

 

He was perhaps "good enough." It's just that he had been deteriorating steadily since his stellar season in 2005 and I think there was going to come a time, just like in Detroit, where he wasn't good enough any longer.

 

I've seen some mechanical analysis of D-train, and while his unique motion was never really considered mechanically perfect, his mechanics had essentially eroded and he was lacking any sort of consistency in his delivery.

 

His weird delivery always screamed "flash-in-the-pan" while Beckett's stuff always seemed like it would lead to consistent above-average, if not necessarily stellar, performances.

I'm not really comparing him to Beckett. I was talking more emotional than statistical.

 

Plus, Beckett is another guy that was never going to stay here. He always seemed to bigtime for us.

 

Good players are always going to be too bigtime for us until we start actually paying them. And I'm not even talking about superstar contracts either. We refuse to take any of our players to arbitration these days.

Nah. There are always some players that are too big for the small sport markets, no matter how much they make. Beckett seemed like he always wanted to be in a Boston or NY.

He didn't have to be our ace. With 12 pitchers on a team, he could have had a place here. And this was before his big implosion. At the time of his trade, he still looked like he was good enough to be part of our rotation.

 

He was perhaps "good enough." It's just that he had been deteriorating steadily since his stellar season in 2005 and I think there was going to come a time, just like in Detroit, where he wasn't good enough any longer.

 

I've seen some mechanical analysis of D-train, and while his unique motion was never really considered mechanically perfect, his mechanics had essentially eroded and he was lacking any sort of consistency in his delivery.

 

His weird delivery always screamed "flash-in-the-pan" while Beckett's stuff always seemed like it would lead to consistent above-average, if not necessarily stellar, performances.

I'm not really comparing him to Beckett. I was talking more emotional than statistical.

 

Plus, Beckett is another guy that was never going to stay here. He always seemed to bigtime for us.

 

Good players are always going to be too bigtime for us until we start actually paying them. And I'm not even talking about superstar contracts either. We refuse to take any of our players to arbitration these days.

Nah. There are always some players that are too big for the small sport markets, no matter how much they make. Beckett seemed like he always wanted to be in a Boston or NY.

 

You may be right about Beckett, but I refuse to believe that we are a victim of our own market any more than we are a victim of our own history of poor franchise management.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.