Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trip Time!

Featured Replies

Some of you have helped big time for giving tips and pointers on places I've never been. JetsMania helped BIG time when I went to New York for the 1st time and I think it was El Peingiuno who helped me out when I went to D.C.

 

So here's the deal, I and a buddy will be going to see the Marlins in San Diego and L.A. this year. Trip is in July although Im pre planing now. My plan is to fly into San Deigo Airport, go the the 3 game set there, rent a car, drive to L.A. catch the 3 game set there and leave the car in L.A. and fly out of LAX. (There is an off day in between btw)

 

I have never been to the west coast so I would really appreciate it if those who have lived or visited there hep me out..

 

What do you think of the plan? Do-able? As far as driving?

 

What to do in SD? LA? Awesome sites? Fun things to do? Bars? Extreme Sports? Hot spots as far as beaches? Shops?

 

Any help would be AWESOME!

 

Thanks! :gofish

Its do able but make sure you are able to drop off the car in LA without any extra fee's or charges.

It happened to me and my dad where we just ended up taking a plane to SF from LA.

 

I don't know much about San Diego but you can go to Sea World.

In LA you will be bombarded by traffic especially downtown but Dodger Stadium is great(get a dodger dog),

In LA you can go to Universal Studios or at night go to the shops resturaunts or clubs infront.

Definalty go to the Pier and Beach.

Its do able but make sure you are able to drop off the car in LA without any extra fee's or charges.

It happened to me and my dad where we just ended up taking a plane to SF from LA.

 

I don't know much about San Diego but you can go to Sea World.

In LA you will be bombarded by traffic especially downtown but Dodger Stadium is great(get a dodger dog),

In LA you can go to Universal Studios or at night go to the shops resturaunts or clubs infront.

Definalty go to the Pier and Beach.

Doable but you are looking at about 4 hours of drive time.

 

A thing to do is maybe stop in orange county on the way to la. Catch an angels game? Go to Disney? check out the Pacific Coast highway on the way up there. You will pass so many great places. Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Laguana Beac etc...

 

While in San Diego the best thing is probably the zoo. It is impossible to go through the whole thing in a day, but find stuff you might want to check out and do it.

 

Once you are in LA there is a bunch to check out. You can go up to Venice Beach which isn't that far away. In LA check out Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, Malibu, Santa Monica, Santa Monica Mountains, Malibu Bluffs, Point Mugu, Hollywood etc...

 

I used to live in Santa Ana so I know the area and what to do pretty well. If you want PM me and i'll give you my email and if you have any questions let me know.

I've never been to San Diego, but from I hear there is this dining/shopping district called "The Gaslamp" or "The Gaslamp Quarter", and I believe it is right outside of Petco Park, which would be perfect for you

  • Author

Thanks for all that have replied so far.. Im super stoked about this trip... dgreco you def will get a PM from me down the road...

San Diego is awesome. Check out the USS Midway. Going to the zoo sounds lame, but the San Diego Zoo is incredible. Definetly can't miss that. Petco is a great stadium and the Padres should be pretty terrible this year so hopefully the Fish pick up three wins.

  • Author

Benched needs to get into this thread, he used to live in San Diego so he could probably help out.

 

 

Benched where you at?? Calling BENCHED! :lol Thanks Rab

Thanks for all that have replied so far.. Im super stoked about this trip... dgreco you def will get a PM from me down the road...

sounds good.

Benched needs to get into this thread, he used to live in San Diego so he could probably help out.

 

 

Benched where you at?? Calling BENCHED! :lol Thanks Rab

 

He's on the bench

I am planning on going to CA for the Dodgers/Marlins games in July as well. I'm so freaking excited for that!

 

And, LA is a fun place to visit, I really love the West Coast and go often since most of my family lives there. Mom lives in California and dad lives in Vegas.

 

You'll have a good time, dude. ;)

make sure you walk on the san diego bay pier and go over to cornado if you have enough time.

 

the best beach in the city is la jolla shores, imo. pacific beach, although decent, is a bit of a tourist trap and a must avoid during holiday weekends.

 

don't know too much about downtown nowadays, but it was a mess up until a few years ago. horton plaza is an interesting shopping center downtown (it's outdoors, same with much of san diego's shopping malls).

 

i don't think anyone has mentioned balboa park yet, but check it out on a tuesday. balboa park has a ton of museums, gardens and parks, including the san diego zoo, and on tuesdays, a bunch of them are free (it's nice to just walk through the large park as well).

 

i don't know too much about la, expect the irvine spectrum and the block at orange, two mega malls on the i-5 in orange county. if you have any questions about san diego, feel free to pm me, since i used to live there.

  • Author

I am planning on going to CA for the Dodgers/Marlins games in July as well. I'm so freaking excited for that!

 

And, LA is a fun place to visit, I really love the West Coast and go often since most of my family lives there. Mom lives in California and dad lives in Vegas.

 

You'll have a good time, dude. ;)

 

Oh yea? Awesome!! Ive been dieing to go to the west coast and finally go this year.. Rachel def PM me if your going to catch any of the games in LA! The more Marlins fans together the better! When I went to wrigley the FISH swept the Cubs! Cant wait for this trip...

Coronado Island is beautiful. It's actually where the Navy Seals train but the whole island is a must-see. They have really good restaurants, shops, and a nice marina. The weather is incredible aswell. I was there from April to May for an engineering course and enjoyed every minute. Rosarito Beach, Mexico, is about an hours way drive since the border is about 20 minutes from Coronado/San Diego.

 

It's about a 2 1/2 hours from San Diego to Los Angeles....depending on traffic it can be as much as 4-5 hours.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

What would you consider a decent price for a round trip flight from Ft. Lauderdale to LA??

I'm not sure if this helps but I've paid about $300 round trip to go from MIA-LA. So it should be cheaper if you use Ft. Lauderdale. Also, I got those tickets about 10 days before my tip so that isn't too bad.

 

I will most likely be there for all games against the Dodgers July 24, 25, 26. I cannot wait.

What would you consider a decent price for a round trip flight from Ft. Lauderdale to LA??

 

 

Low 200's is what i'm paying for a flight later this year

  • Author

I'm not sure if this helps but I've paid about $300 round trip to go from MIA-LA. So it should be cheaper if you use Ft. Lauderdale. Also, I got those tickets about 10 days before my tip so that isn't too bad.

 

I will most likely be there for all games against the Dodgers July 24, 25, 26. I cannot wait.

 

 

Cool, yea Im in the process of looking for the flight..

 

AWESOME! I'll be there the entire series as well! I'll let you know where I get tickets at... Never been to Dodger Stadium so im looking forward to it!

  • Author

What would you consider a decent price for a round trip flight from Ft. Lauderdale to LA??

 

 

Low 200's is what i'm paying for a flight later this year

 

 

What airlines?

What would you consider a decent price for a round trip flight from Ft. Lauderdale to LA??

 

 

Low 200's is what i'm paying for a flight later this year

 

 

What airlines?

 

 

delta. give every travel website (orbitz, hotwire, etc.) a look & see what suits you best. i don't think you should have to pay more than mid-200's for a flight.

  • Author

What would you consider a decent price for a round trip flight from Ft. Lauderdale to LA??

 

 

Low 200's is what i'm paying for a flight later this year

 

 

What airlines?

 

 

delta. give every travel website (orbitz, hotwire, etc.) a look & see what suits you best. i don't think you should have to pay more than mid-200's for a flight.

 

 

The best deal I have so far is 353.00 with taxes and all....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.