May 18, 200917 yr What do the Marlins mean when they say they are going to break ground in July? Does that mean they will start BUILDING the stadium or prepare the field for building?
May 18, 200917 yr Breaking ground would be a ceremony followed up by construction starting shortly after that.
May 18, 200917 yr Author Breaking ground would be a ceremony followed up by construction starting shortly after that. Thanks. Do you know when they are breaking ground in July? 1st? 31st? It better be the 1st.
May 18, 200917 yr Imagine a field of dirt... and I stick a shovel in it to prepare to build. I've just broken ground.
May 18, 200917 yr Breaking Ground is a ceremony with the "key players" (city, county, and Marlins officials) using gold plated shovels for photo ops. The grounds are basically ready right now for construction. Leveled off, is really the only preperation required. After the ceremony they will bring in the heavy equipment and actual construction will begin. That's when we will really see things happening. Holes dug, concrete being poured, etc... It's also a pretty good time to stay out of that area. Traffic will be a nightmare. Dump trucks, cement trucks, delivery semis coming and going...You get the picture. The ceremony right now is tentively set for July 6th, according to my sales rep who is keeping me posted on it because I want to attend. I'm not sure why that date. The team will be in SF that day to start a 3 game series. I would imagine it is a time when all the "key players" can get together, but I would have thought they would want some of the Marlins players there as well, just for the photo ops. I'll keep you posted on any changes.
May 18, 200917 yr Author Awesome, thank you Broncobob27 for the information. Atleast they are breaking ground early in July.
May 18, 200917 yr I think mb.com should 1) paint a bunch of shovels gold, and 2) go have our own ceremony on July 5. Seriously, it'd be kinda cool to have a pic like that. Who's with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 19, 200917 yr I think mb.com should 1) paint a bunch of shovels gold, and 2) go have our own ceremony on July 5. Seriously, it'd be kinda cool to have a pic like that. Who's with me!!!!!!!!!!!!! At 3AM? :lol
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.