Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009-2010 Club Soccer Thread

Featured Replies

I'm stuck watching USA vs Mexico on the spanish channel. FML

Davies with the wide open goal. USA up 1-0 in the 9th minute.

 

 

And I love spanish announcers, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!

 

 

EDIT: Great kick from the center of the field by Mexico, no way Howard could've stopped that.

 

Game tied 1-1

The momentum is terrible. Seems the time of possession is definitely on Mexico's side. Every ball we are kicking seems to go out of bounds at this point, we need a big play soon. We aren't passing the ball well, just seems Mexico is playing better soccer to this point.

 

EDIT: Great pass by Mexico to Castro I believe, just wide of the goal. USA got VERY lucky on that last play.

 

Tim Howard with the GREAT save!

 

 

Seriously guys, you gotta start getting Mexico's defense involved in this game. Our defense can't hold up the entire game.

Ugh, someone is going to get sent off here shortly. Messy messy messy.

 

On edit:

I hate to complain about refs and I have no problem with letting players play, but jesus that's at least one yellow that Mexico was gifted.

With the yellow card earlier on Oneywu, he will not be able to play against El Salvador.

Another damn yellow card on the USA!???? This time on Boccanegra (sp?) These yellow cards are starting to get annoying, when Mexico is doing the same sh*t and it isn't getting called.

 

 

And it is halftime. F these refs/

to be fair, Bocanegra was late on that tackle. That's a good call.

 

 

 

I'm not arguing the call itself. I'm arguing the way the game has been called as a whole. I've seen the Mexican players do that same late sliding tackle on the USA this game and nothing is called, while it has been called 3 times on the USA and it has cost us a player for the next game as well.

 

 

I'm also frustrated with the way the USA is passing the ball in this game. It's been bad to put it nicely. If we are going to have a chance to win in the 2nd half, we are going to have to pass the ball a hell of a lot better than we did the first half.

You expect that coming into the Azteca, it sucks but it happens. They did miss a horrendous tackle by Dos Santos though. USA just can't let it get to them.

 

I think they need to get the ball to the feet of Davies more. He's by far been their best player in possession.

I expect to see more of Jozy Altidore in this second half.

Davies missed that header by less than an inch

 

EDIT: FIGHT!!! Dempsey just got stuck in a chokehold.

Those f*cking Mexicans just hurt Davies while he was down. What a bunch of f*cking cowards.

 

Come on refs! You gotta call it when they trip Dempsey near the line.

mexico should be ashamed of their team and fans. i wasn't rooting for either team but throwing drinks at players during a corner kick is just bulls*** and fans doing that during a soccer game in europe would have gotten kicked out. can someone please explain to me how that mexican player that tried to poke onyewu's eyes out after he got up from that tackle wasn't thrown out of the game???

mexico should be ashamed of their team and fans. i wasn't rooting for either team but throwing drinks at players during a corner kick is just bulls*** and fans doing that during a soccer game in europe would have gotten kicked out. can someone please explain to me how that mexican player that tried to poke onyewu's eyes out after he got up from that tackle wasn't thrown out of the game???

 

 

Would they?

 

I remember watching a game a few years back where the Aberdeen fans were throwing snowballs at Celtic players during corners lol

 

Or how about Barca fans throwing a pig's head at Luis Figo when he returned to the Nou Camp as a Madrid player.

mexico should be ashamed of their team and fans. i wasn't rooting for either team but throwing drinks at players during a corner kick is just bulls*** and fans doing that during a soccer game in europe would have gotten kicked out. can someone please explain to me how that mexican player that tried to poke onyewu's eyes out after he got up from that tackle wasn't thrown out of the game???

 

 

Would they?

 

I remember watching a game a few years back where the Aberdeen fans were throwing snowballs at Celtic players during corners lol

 

Or how about Barca fans throwing a pig's head at Luis Figo when he returned to the Nou Camp as a Madrid player.

Snowballs aren't beer bottles.

 

Good thing the riot crew was there to block them though.

wolfsburg start out their campaign 2-0. is martins the best backup striker in football??

 

 

Martins isn't that good. I've watched him the past few years when he was with Newcastle and I didn't see much that impresses other than his speed.

 

Best backup striker in football - obviously not based on recent times but a candidate could be Shevchenko at Chelsea. Although he is so far down their pecking order he isn't even a "backup".

wolfsburg start out their campaign 2-0. is martins the best backup striker in football??

 

 

Martins isn't that good. I've watched him the past few years when he was with Newcastle and I didn't see much that impresses other than his speed.

 

Best backup striker in football - obviously not based on recent times but a candidate could be Shevchenko at Chelsea. Although he is so far down their pecking order he isn't even a "backup".

 

he's only 24. martins has alot of time to improve

I CANT BELIEVE LFC LOST TO TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR!!!

 

it appears their sluggish preseason has carried over,

 

 

I don't see it as that big of a shock. Tottenham are a good team. Personally, I thought the game would be a draw.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.