Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009-2010 Club Soccer Thread

Featured Replies

Teehee, thanks Italy.

 

And I watched my first full game of this year's Conf Cup... I'm ready to bomb South Africa.

  • Author

The Italians imploded. I feel bad for them. They're in a downturn. Their stars are old and their future stars are still developing. They'll be back.

 

I don't know what to say about the US. I'm stunned really. They have not an ice cubes chance in hell of beating Spain but I hope they don't embarass us.

The Italians imploded. I feel bad for them. They're in a downturn. Their stars are old and their future stars are still developing. They'll be back.

 

I don't know what to say about the US. I'm stunned really. They have not an ice cubes chance in hell of beating Spain but I hope they don't embarass us.

 

 

nothing can be more embarrassing than the performance italy put forward. not a big fan of donovan but he needs to be selfish and drill some shots instead of always passing if the US has any chance of winning this.

  • Author

The Italians imploded. I feel bad for them. They're in a downturn. Their stars are old and their future stars are still developing. They'll be back.

 

I don't know what to say about the US. I'm stunned really. They have not an ice cubes chance in hell of beating Spain but I hope they don't embarass us.

 

 

nothing can be more embarrassing than the performance italy put forward. not a big fan of donovan but he needs to be selfish and drill some shots instead of always passing if the US has any chance of winning this.

 

I agree about Donovan but even if he plays the best game of his life the US has no chance of beating Spain. It would be the one of if not the greatest upset in the history of international competition. Certainly the greatest upset in the history of US soccer.

It would be the one of if not the greatest upset in the history of international competition. Certainly the greatest upset in the history of US soccer.

 

 

Modern US Soccer, yes. All time, no. The miracle on grass is the greatest ever.

just wondering, how was it determined on which countries would participate in the confederations cup.

 

 

From Wiki - It is contested by the winners of each of the six FIFA confederation championships (CAF, CONMEBOL, UEFA, AFC, OFC, CONCACAF), along with the FIFA World Cup winner and the host country, to bring the number of teams up to eight.

just wondering, how was it determined on which countries would participate in the confederations cup.

 

 

From Wiki - It is contested by the winners of each of the six FIFA confederation championships (CAF, CONMEBOL, UEFA, AFC, OFC, CONCACAF), along with the FIFA World Cup winner and the host country, to bring the number of teams up to eight.

 

oh okay, thanks. i was just wondering why those specific countries were chosen and now i know.

i hate how uneducated analysts are on ESPN when it comes to soccer. if you don't know about sport just don't talk about the confederation cup or get someone who knows about soccer.

  • Author

i hate how uneducated analysts are on ESPN when it comes to soccer. if you don't know about sport just don't talk about the confederation cup or get someone who knows about soccer.

 

 

Well ESPN just gained the rights to broadcast 46 EPL games in the UK next year. I dislike their American analysts, especially the MLS guys. I think their international analysts are ok. Shaka Hislop and Janus Mihalic (altough he's a US citizen) are ok. I like Derek Rae. Tommy Smyth is a blowhard but he's entertaining in small doses.

  • Author

It would be the one of if not the greatest upset in the history of international competition. Certainly the greatest upset in the history of US soccer.

 

 

Modern US Soccer, yes. All time, no. The miracle on grass is the greatest ever.

 

Well I suppose so, especially because it was during a World Cup and the lowly US taking down the mighty English. But this Spanish team is on the greatest international run ever with 15 wins in a row and 35 straight unbeaten. It would be a monumental upset.

1-0, USA leading Spain. i'm surprised to say the least and i think that the US might have something there with davies and altidore. also spain has a history of underachieving until they won euro 08.

This is crazy, I've never seen this team play like this. Their passes are crisp and accurate, everyone is running their f***ing asses off, and most of all the defending is just smothering Spain.

One hell of a game by the US. Spain had so much time of possession, they needed to score when it was 1-0 with so much time in US territory. Nice second goal to seal the deal.

AWESOME WIN for the USA.

 

Donovan was great, so was Howard and the defense!

 

bulls*** red card there for Bradley though.

great game by the US. the defense was amazing especially in the box. david villa and torres didn't show up at all. i wasn't rooting for either team so when i say that red card was unwarranted i'm being unbiased.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.