September 13, 200917 yr The phils play a double header with the mets tomorrow which includes the sunday night game on ESPN.... If we happen to win tomorrow and the phils do us a favor and lose them both, we could be within 3.5 games!! But we could just as easily be 6.5 games out... Most likely, neither will happen and it will be 4.5 or 5.5 games.... We can finally go over 10 games over .500 for the first time all season!
September 13, 200917 yr A Mets sweep of the DH would be wonderful but highly unlikely. I'll take a Fish win and a 1-1 split with the Mets, at least we'll gain a game.
September 13, 200917 yr I'd say every game from now on is critical, not just tomorrow. I second this one. Do or die!
September 13, 200917 yr It's like what Jack McKeon did when they made the playoffs. You can't worry about anything beyond today. I hope the players have the same idea...only worry about the game at hand. DON'T WATCH THE SCOREBOARD TODAY. it really won't matter until 11:30 tonight anyway!
September 13, 200917 yr It's like what Jack McKeon did when they made the playoffs. You can't worry about anything beyond today. I hope the players have the same idea...only worry about the game at hand. DON'T WATCH THE SCOREBOARD TODAY. it really won't matter until 11:30 tonight anyway! I agree, but not looking at the scoreboard today is like trying not to look directly into an eclipse......minus the whole potentially going blind thing.
September 13, 200917 yr Speaking of upcoming games and their importance down the stretch Smoltz is being pulling from Monday's game against the Fish and will be replaced by our old friend Todd Wellemeyer.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.