Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Florida Residence Required

Featured Replies

This is a WHAT IF post, and I thought it may be interesting to see who lives here. I've heard Rich and Tommy mentioned where players live when they announce them, but have never written them down. Please help me out.

 

In some areas of the country, you must be a resident of the city/county/whatever in order to work at a job. For example, for police or fire or city/county employees. If this was the case to play baseball in South Florida, who are the potential team members? These I know:

 

Ronnie Belliard

Matt Treanor

Hanley Ramirez

Manny Ramirez

Scott Olsen

Chris Volstad

Gaby Sanchez

Joe Girardi (coach)

Mike Lowell

Dontrelle Willis

This is a WHAT IF post, and I thought it may be interesting to see who lives here. I've heard Rich and Tommy mentioned where players live when they announce them, but have never written them down. Please help me out.

 

In some areas of the country, you must be a resident of the city/county/whatever in order to work at a job. For example, for police or fire or city/county employees. If this was the case to play baseball in South Florida, who are the potential team members? These I know:

 

Ronnie Belliard

Matt Treanor

Hanley Ramirez

Manny Ramirez

Scott Olsen

Chris Volstad

Gaby Sanchez

Joe Girardi (coach)

Mike Lowell

Dontrelle Willis

 

 

I believe Dontrelle was born and raised in California, if I remember correctly.

  • Author

This is a WHAT IF post, and I thought it may be interesting to see who lives here. I've heard Rich and Tommy mentioned where players live when they announce them, but have never written them down. Please help me out.

 

In some areas of the country, you must be a resident of the city/county/whatever in order to work at a job. For example, for police or fire or city/county employees. If this was the case to play baseball in South Florida, who are the potential team members? These I know:

 

Ronnie Belliard

Matt Treanor

Hanley Ramirez

Manny Ramirez

Scott Olsen

Chris Volstad

Gaby Sanchez

Joe Girardi (coach)

Mike Lowell

Dontrelle Willis

 

 

I believe Dontrelle was born and raised in California, if I remember correctly.

 

Yep, DTrain was born and raised in California. But he lives in Aventura in the offseason. Probably because his wife's family is from South Florida.

Almost every player who has spent a reasonable amount of tenure in S. Fla as a Marlin and made a reasonable amount of money still has a home down here (chances are). Being a resident is not really a good way to go about this thread.

 

Maybe... Florida born or raised? That would be a little bit easier to find and a little bit more practical.

This is a WHAT IF post, and I thought it may be interesting to see who lives here. I've heard Rich and Tommy mentioned where players live when they announce them, but have never written them down. Please help me out.

 

In some areas of the country, you must be a resident of the city/county/whatever in order to work at a job. For example, for police or fire or city/county employees. If this was the case to play baseball in South Florida, who are the potential team members? These I know:

 

Ronnie Belliard

Matt Treanor

Hanley Ramirez

Manny Ramirez

Scott Olsen

Chris Volstad

Gaby Sanchez

Joe Girardi (coach)

Mike Lowell

Dontrelle Willis

 

 

I believe Dontrelle was born and raised in California, if I remember correctly.

 

I'm not so sure about GI Joe either. I do know while he was here he was having a house built in the Chicago burbs. Something about that's the school system he wanted to send his kids to or something.

Dontrelle actually moved to Arizona earlier this season, before he was traded to the D-Backs. He put his Miami home up for sale as well.

  • Author

This is a WHAT IF post, and I thought it may be interesting to see who lives here. I've heard Rich and Tommy mentioned where players live when they announce them, but have never written them down. Please help me out.

 

In some areas of the country, you must be a resident of the city/county/whatever in order to work at a job. For example, for police or fire or city/county employees. If this was the case to play baseball in South Florida, who are the potential team members? These I know:

 

Ronnie Belliard

Matt Treanor

Hanley Ramirez

Manny Ramirez

Scott Olsen

Chris Volstad

Gaby Sanchez

Joe Girardi (coach)

Mike Lowell

Dontrelle Willis

 

 

I believe Dontrelle was born and raised in California, if I remember correctly.

 

I'm not so sure about GI Joe either. I do know while he was here he was having a house built in the Chicago burbs. Something about that's the school system he wanted to send his kids to or something.

 

I checked the property records and Joe still owns the house in Parkland. Well, his wife's trust does, but that is how it was set up a few months after buying house in 2006. He's not renting the house out according to the records.

Raul Ibanez and Placido Polanco both went to college and currently live here. I think Renteria lives down here too.

 

Oh, and I remember something about JJ having a house in Jupiter.

Raul Ibanez and Placido Polanco both went to college and currently live here. I think Renteria lives down here too.

 

Oh, and I remember something about JJ having a house in Jupiter.

 

 

Yeah Ibanez lives in Coral Springs I believe and he comes to workout at my high school with Polanco every summer or for the past 3 years.

I'm not so sure about GI Joe either. I do know while he was here he was having a house built in the Chicago burbs. Something about that's the school system he wanted to send his kids to or something.

 

 

I checked the property records and Joe still owns the house in Parkland. Well, his wife's trust does, but that is how it was set up a few months after buying house in 2006. He's not renting the house out according to the records.

 

 

I stand corrected. So where does he reside in the off season?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.